*EDIT* I have the pinout for the rb5p006am encoder chip

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

kaito
Re: *EDIT* I have the pinout for the rb5p006am encoder chip

Post by kaito » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:58 am

*makes notes for posterity*
I have a polaroid PDM-0722 portable dvd player which I have disassembled. It also has the T100 style chip. it seems that it takes split horizontal and vertical sync, considering for the video in plug it has three prongs, two input, one ground. the audio in is seperate- it's a standard 3/4" jack. I have experimented with the chip and found RGB input, chroma, and luma. can't do jack with 'em though. need to figure out how to set the chip to composite sync...
connecting any sort of video directly to the chip seems to be pointless right here and now. there's a whole load of bulls#%@erry of chips that the signals have to go through before it even gets there, and it still can't seperate composite sync. found common ground easy enough (don't even have to hook it up to the freaking board, just have to wire it into the frame surrounding the screen. lovely lazy <choice cursory noun> and their beautiful easy solutions to grounding things.) if at all possible, I wish to eliminate dependency on the massive mb so I can use the screen alone. once I get ahold of the component cable for my system and perform a rgb mod, I will test to see if rgb is any use. if only sony made a screen sma- OSHI-- THEY DID! I have to say that sony's habit of labeling EVERYTHING on their things is definitely my favorite thing about them. if I can manage to get this polaroid screen working-- on composite or rgb-- I shall post labeled pictures for all of you so we don't end up asking/answering as many of the same stupid questions over and over again.
*is so tempted to steal every single capacitator off the mb right now, but is resisting because the board may be useful later*

edit: THIRD PAGE!
current project: gamecube advance
answering questions before you ask them:
no, I do not sell, and I probably never will.
yes, I am really cheap, impatient, and lazy (sometimes)
yes, I am always watching you.
--kaito onii-san--

Snow_Cat
Steam ID:Snow_Cat

Post by Snow_Cat » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Is the IC consistent with docs.google.comelenota.pl_ir3y49m1.pdf?
RB5P006AM(from http://sysdoc.doors.ch/SHARP/ic-g03Ea.pdf)
  • Input signal
    • Composite Video
    • Y/C
    • Analog RGB
  • Color decode
    • NTSC/PAL
  • LCD panel
    • Low voltage source
  • Serial Data Control
  • Supply Voltage (V)
    • 3/5/13
  • Power consumption (mW) TYP.
  • Package
    • PQFP-048-1010
Related to (from http://ct2.ic-on-line.cn/IOL/datasheet/ir3y34m_429484.pdf, http://www.ceramate.com.tw/english/pdf/solution/portabledvd.pdf, others)
  • IR3y29BM, IR3y31M, RB5P006AM, RB5P009M
EDIT: logic wise.
edit2: scratch that, grabbed the wrong datasheet.

Snow_Cat
Steam ID:Snow_Cat

Post by Snow_Cat » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:33 am

Reread the thread more carefully, that T is the Terawins logo, a company specalising in image processors that started expanding aggressively in 2006.

A random search for T100A lead to szmjd.en.alibaba.comMingjiada (HK) Industrial Co., Ltd. which lists "Terawi" as the manufacture's brand.

Unfortunately the server at terawins.com and terawins.com.tw is not responding at this time, and the unrealated pages still in Google's cache indicates that it was last updated sometime in 2007, not that I can translate the bulk of it.

A google image search led to 2.dx1.elecfans.comterawins T100的设计资料 and the schematics for a LG TV using a Terawins T100, what includes a pin-out and termination discription on page 5.

This PDF has been mirrored at docs.google.comelecfans.com-7寸 TFT-LCD TV 原理图(LG).pdf

edit:typo
edit2:while closing the search window noticed the datasheet was the next item.
www.ic-on-line.cn via docs.google.comt108_4522130.pd

khorght

Post by khorght » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:58 am

I'm really stuck... i've found lcd with SHARP RB5P004A and can't find any info about this chip. maybe someone can help me. even if pinouts are same as on rb5p006 i dont know where to find Vсс And Vdd.

It's make me sick... found another display in old sony's videocam. the chip is RB5p003A and again no datasheet can be found.fsck.

Lord S.M.Zett

Post by Lord S.M.Zett » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:22 am

any more info on that rb5p006am being found? im trying to hook it up to a msx.