Is this good for LED mods?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Droke
Is this good for LED mods?

Post by Droke » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:19 am

Was just wondering, would this be good for LED mods?

I personaly don't plan to be doing any LED mods any time soon, but figured someone else might find it useful if it would would. (Seems like the lighting would be even)

Retromaster
Portablizer

Post by Retromaster » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:36 am

Well, it would be good if you have a bigger battery and if you are building a portable of your own design, because I doubt it would be good on Ben's projects. I am not even entirely sure what those do. Are they like reflective material? if so, it would be good. Actually, after closer examination, I think it would be bad. It uses 12 volts, which will deplete your power supply.
http://portableuniverse.forumcircle.com/index.php? http://mtac.profusehost.net/ Image SAY ALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!i finally used google!!

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:49 am

Those just look like bars with lots of leds stuck in to them. First off I doubt they would fit (the space is only like 5mm or something). And second they would draw tons of power. 2 leds is normal, 4 leds is a lot but one of those bars is just too much. If you want to save battery life use 2 or 4 ultra brights. They might be more expensive but you are going to get much better results.

Droke

Post by Droke » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:00 pm

Ah, thought they might be good for even lighting. It was worth showing though, I guess. :wink:

ATOMICMAN

Post by ATOMICMAN » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:11 pm

well not only that i think with all that it might actually make the screen too bright.