question about the game gear...

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire
question about the game gear...

Post by lovablechevy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:13 pm

I have been looking all over the forums for an answer to this, and I just seem to not be able to. Anyway, I realize that the Game Gear screen cannot be used for a screen without the TV Tuner. However, can the screen be replaced in the Game Gear with a better screen? Or is this not possible for the same reason that you can't really use the screen for another system? Thanks!

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:38 pm

What do you want in the quality department? Is it just that your current Game Gear screen is messed up, or are you just unhappy with the quality of the STN and want a TFT instead?

CTFan

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:41 pm

It'd like to replace it with a good quality portable tv screen, if that is at all possible. I have the Master Gear Convertor, and the Game Gear's screen quality makes it very difficult to read the text when playing the SMS games.