Which screen is better?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

csurban
Portablizer
Which screen is better?

Post by csurban » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:29 pm

I want to know if this screen has decent overall picture i.e. color quality, motion bluring, and color bleeding.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005 ... e&n=468642

I would really like to know about this screen in paticular because it is the cheapest of them all and a new one is avaiable for sale.
nope... can't think of anything I could possibly want to put in my Signature Block...

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:48 pm

Well i've heard that it is really crappy and that it isn't good at all...

csurban
Portablizer

Post by csurban » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:11 pm

well.... i have been doing some research and.... I still can't tell if it is good or bad. In the reviews, people quote different models like the 5" model and the 5.6" model when giving their opinion. And people either really really really like the screen or absolutally hate it. BUT, I still cant be tell if the people who like it don't know anything about video screens or the people who hate it are just being way too picky. I can't find any reviews on it, no comparisans, and no documentation. I'm so lost... :cry:
nope... can't think of anything I could possibly want to put in my Signature Block...

Robotron

Post by Robotron » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:03 pm

Intec screens are HORRIBLE.

So burry, with a bad refresh rate, lots of trails.. unclear image..

just junk.

The best screens are the zenith screens (which are just pSone screen) or psone screens.

or those little tv screens benheck uses... but they are small.. i like larger screens for larger gaming experience.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:05 pm

from what ive seen and experienced intec screens are bulky, low quality and fragile and not worth the money unless you can get them at an under 20$ price bracket, they sell on ebay for 20$ plus shipping and i wouldnt pay that much

XPCportables

Post by XPCportables » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:22 pm

csurban
Portablizer

Post by csurban » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:50 pm

Wow! thanks for the help guys! I was about to buy that screen. :shock: What is a better choice then the one I was considering? I am usually a Sony PSOne Screen kinda guy but recentually I can't find a new one for under 70 bucks. Amazon is all out. I am considering the one XPCportables sugested but I really want to get a new one for 50 bucks or less.

SteelFox15

Post by SteelFox15 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:57 pm

csurban wrote:Wow! thanks for the help guys! I was about to buy that screen. :shock: What is a better choice then the one I was considering? I am usually a Sony PSOne Screen kinda guy but recentually I can't find a new one for under 70 bucks. Amazon is all out. I am considering the one XPCportables sugested but I really want to get a new one for 50 bucks or less.
http://benheck.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12509

csurban
Portablizer

Post by csurban » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:11 pm

Ok, for all you you holding your breath... I ordered the used Verge Travel Screen which XPCportables suggested. With shipping it came out to $44.44. Lets just hope that the "Good" condition it is in entitles scratches to the plastic and not the LCD :lol:

XPCportables

Post by XPCportables » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:58 am

the insides of the verge screen are identical to the psone screen, the only difference is that there is some annoying wires going across the back of the mobo.