PS2M is 99% DONE!!!

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

eastsider_1
PS2M is 99% DONE!!!

Post by eastsider_1 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:15 pm

I have for quite a while now been working on my PSM or PlayStaion2 Mobile. I have Shortend the bottom and went to about 1/2 thickness and 3/4 the wieght.

My current process is to get this battery in the mail and wire it up for the longest possible battery life you could get. In the meantime, I'm also waiting to get my new motherboard from ebay.
Ebay listing

I plan on putting the power switches on the left side of the unit. I am going to put that battery inside the left part of the case, just above the motherboard. Also, i'm currently making a frankencase for the screen. Im using a Black DVD case, perfect for making a case for my screen. Just look at the pics and you'll get what im saying.

To view my satus, click this link -> http://photobucket.com/albums/f54/PSM_1/

Any questions or comments?? Let Me Know!!!
Last edited by eastsider_1 on Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
PS2M-99% -Final Stages of the 1st O.G. PS2 Portable (Will this ever get done??)

PSTwoSP- 50%
Rewiring Controller, LED Modding Screen

wolfchanger89

Post by wolfchanger89 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:06 pm

wow that looks like it is coming along nicely
did you put a pstwo MB inside of a PS2 case?
I really like how you got the PS2 case down in size from the original.
Keep up the good work east
Oh and by the way I am the 1337th member of this forum ... just so ya know.

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:10 pm

thanks. as for the motherboar, its the original. i desoldered the USB, Digital Out Optical, the iLINK and those power pins off the board, so that way it's flat on the bottom. I took the metal tray and only left what i needed.

As for the case-thats the hard part. I cut the middle section out, but problems arrive when you can't put the screws in or they dont fit. Case is great- just need to get the other components.

UPDATE:
Screen case is almost done, just need to get LEDS, and finish Dremeling the case. More pics are up- right now the case is nothing special- but within a couple days it will look good. On the original version fo the PS2, the A/V Out is in the bottome left of the console, for the screen to reach the port i used another long blue cable of that of the PSONe screen and cut off the first 2 pins [+7.5v, GND] off and connected it to the 2nd port, thus extending the reach considerably. Ill keep things up todate.
Last edited by eastsider_1 on Thu May 25, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:56 pm

There seems to be a problem with my RGB fix, i did the fix, loaded up some pics of DVD in RGB, then in order to "slimline" the motherboard, i desoldered the A/V OUT, and replaced the old female connector with the one from the PSOne board. The pins match, so audio, video and sync all match perfectly- its just that i had TROUBLE getting the female connector onto the board, thanks to the help of solder covering those tiny holes. It seems to be Green. Just plain old green- no tint, but i think that after soldering that small connector was hard enough i have to take it off to see if anything was grounded or something on the other side of the motherboard. :evil: Then reconnect it. :x

PSTwoSP- 50%

segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:04 pm

eastsider---that's macrovision protection. It has NOTHING to do with your connector. Sony insta;;ed the protection in all PS2's so you cannot watch DVDs in RGB. I believe there is a mod out there to disable it for the old PS2's but the best method is to just get a modchip.

-Segasonicfan

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:13 pm

when linking to an ebay listing, please use these tags ;):

Web adress here[/b]]Text

and yes, that looks like a nice portable :). good luck on finishing it.
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:17 am

Segasonic- did you see the pics? :shock: they explain it all, it WORKS. It just my connector in combination with the screen. I have to ANCHOR that bi*ch on to the motherboard.:evil: I tested it with my TV, and its fine. Tested it with the screen and there was the issue. Come to find out that i had soldered all the lines but R and B properly.:oops: I'll fix it tomorrow. As for now i have the slimmed mobo running flawlessly with my original power brick. It looks very phycadelic...Take alook as I update the Photobucket Album about every day or two. Thanks Gamelever! :D

EDIT: The RGB fix only works with V1or2 thru V5 and the R's.-Lucky me [V5] :twisted:

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:43 pm

I had to buy ANOTHER* motherboard v5. This time i actually figured it out. I desoldered the pins on my last 2 boards and that's what the problem was. I just removed the plastic that hold the pins together and re-inserted them into the small connector and bent them backwards. This way the bottom of the board is flat. Pics on site below.

* 3rd Mobo

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Update

Post by eastsider_1 » Tue May 23, 2006 7:08 pm

I recently posted a topic about my latest mobo overheating. I'm now ordering my 4th one off Ebay. More pics will be up soon, within 2 wks. Right now im in a money slump and need to buy this battery. All said and done this should be completed within a month or two. I wish i could vaccum form a case for my screen. Anyhow, wish me luck and to complete the 3rd PS2p out there, send me some money :D[/url]

PSTwoSP- 50%

cennar

Post by cennar » Wed May 24, 2006 11:00 am

PLEASE BUY A SLIM!!! and a extra fan, yeah the newest slim you can get and some elcheapo fans. mines going to be wooden and with huge vents under the grips so the fans cool me hands :D

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Wed May 24, 2006 12:07 pm

i wish i had the money to buy a slim. With all that cash i could have been done with this! :D but im not :( BTW does anybody know a good solution to the large DVD drive, besides buying a slim?

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu May 25, 2006 5:25 pm

Good News!:D Now that im waiting on my new mobo, I've decided to get other things on this project done. Im working on the case for my screen. I have one new pic udated, it's HERE:o . This case looks good, but I need some plastic-hardening supplies to make it one piece. After that i could spray paint it. Could anybody give me some suggestions on how to combine the white case w/ the black case, and some fantastic plastic spray paint?

PSTwoSP- 50%

khaag

Post by khaag » Thu May 25, 2006 6:08 pm

You can use Bondo to fuse the 2 pieces together. Use the kind that you can mold. And as for spray paint, use Krylon Fusion. It it the best for plastics fo shizzle! :D
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu May 25, 2006 7:09 pm

Thanks for the tips, but how strong is bondo anyway? I'll be sure to use those for the screen case. BTW, khagg good luck w/ tha GCP.

PSTwoSP- 50%

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu May 25, 2006 7:14 pm

Bondo is strong stuff. They use it on cars, so it can take a beating, plus it's great for fusing stuff. However, I'd use some epoxy or hot glue (or a combination of the two) to fuse the parts together at the base, then bondo. Bondo is hard to work with, however, because it requires lots and LOTS of re-application and sanding to look nice and hold paint.

CTFan