PS2M is 99% DONE!!!

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:22 pm

I re-painted the cases gold, and man do i like 'em!! Just have to put on the finishing touches!!! 8)

ImageImageImage
PS2M-99% -Final Stages of the 1st O.G. PS2 Portable (Will this ever get done??)

PSTwoSP- 50%
Rewiring Controller, LED Modding Screen

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:42 pm

awesome dude! i wanna see the controlls and stuff,you are having them built in right? or on a thing with the lcd or what? looks awesome tho, how sony shoulda done it to begin with lol

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:48 pm

Triton wrote:i wanna see the controlls and stuff,you are having them built in right?
No, I wish.
eastsider_1 wrote:No, I decided when i started making the PS2M that i would just have a wireless controller used. Would you want to have a HUGE handheld?? Image the pain and uncomfortability :shock: :shock:

It should look like this when completely finished, tho i designed it using paint. It will sit ontop of your lap when you play, or on top a table. Your hands will rest on the left and right sides of the console.
We REALLY should convince him to make the controls built-in. With a case that sexy, you really should build the controls in for complete portability. Plus, you could still keep the slot there to plug in a wireless controller if you wanted, no?

CTFan

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:50 pm

To answer your question, I'm getting the logitech wireless controller, just plug in the reciecver and put in batteries- im done. My next portable is the PSTwoM!! :D :D :D :D

PSTwoSP- 50%

Mr. Hawkins

Post by Mr. Hawkins » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:58 pm

Hey :P that's the same control I use for my portable. Good choice. Of course, your case is much better and you used the original PS2. good job on an awsome portable.
It's not about quantity, but rather quality

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:58 pm

Well now that i think about it, i COULD use the controller handles on the upper sides of the console and rewire the buttons, but this things been going on for a year and a half now, i DESPERATELY want to get finished. I understand what you guys are saying an it would be totally awesome, but i just dont know. :? Of course the console will be gold.

EDIT: Nevermind the above. I'm going with the wireless controller+ the case gets even sexier [remember the two tone gold and black? well you'll love this one!!!] :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ImageImage
ImageImage

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:41 pm

I just bought a 30001R PS2 from a pawn shop!!! WOW- Ebay is really getting on my nerves, my other board i ordered is never going to get here and same with the LED's. Just a couple of mins and i will be able to hook up the screen and take some shots of this baby working!!! 8)

PSTwoSP- 50%

MaDnEsS
Portablizer

Post by MaDnEsS » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:01 pm

looks wide, but still it owns :lol:

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:15 pm

Self Explanatory :D :D

There's no video cause i forgot that my battery runs at 14.8v- hehe i had it running off of the 12v power. i need a 8v reg., new screen, and new battery!! :shock: O yeah, my battery was working fine for an hour, then it just wont output power. :?

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:01 pm

Good News: I'm getting the battery that dkap used in his XboxPortable and im going to mount it internally. Ive got LED's that are coming from HK, and of all places to buy an 8v regulator- ebay.

Bad News: I have to wait for the stuff.

Anyway the battery is 3.5" tall, so in order to mount it in a 2" shell I've decided i could take 4 of the 8 polymer packs spread on the bottom of the unit cause the mobo is just the hieght of one pack above the bottom of the case, and the other four are split in 2 groups of 2 on top. I'll hot glue the battery up on the underside of the top case to allow airflow for the fan on the CPU. After this is all done i'm puttin up a vid on Putfile. It may look a little unorganized on the inside, but great on the outside. Just thought i'd let you know. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:00 pm

I just had a thought about my screen mounting idea- it would be waaaayy to hard to just use a wire thru the case to hold it. I have a new plan- I'm so glad i kept the back of my psone that i hacked and found it yesterday. The problem is i have a HUGE open gap that isnt closed off. That would leave one part of the screen hinges on the back of the PS2M and the other in the case. Pics should help. Now i have the back plastic filling the gap, i will attach the back of the hacked PSOne part to the case. Afterward i would attach the screen like normal. I had to rewire the A/V pins so i could use the fan in that spot- however i dont really like TEDIOUS soldering. I thought of usein the connectors that come with the screen and cut the pins on the board and put them in the connectors extending the cable like so-
ImageImage
ImageImage

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:54 pm

Who thinks i should chip this beast?? I think it would be good if i got the DMS EZI Pro clip-on. I'm not to sure that i want to spend $90 on a chip tho. :(

PSTwoSP- 50%

budderz

Post by budderz » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:59 am

I think you should mod it out..it would be a great touch..The DMS4 E.Z.i looks impressive..I would do it.

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:25 pm

I guess i'll get it later- dont have the cash right NOW, but I will definently consider the top of the line chip. Funny thing is that it's gold, and so is the PS2M!! :o

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:50 am

I just bought that big ass battery off the space. It will be here tomorrow, thanks to some online coupon research, i was able to get 6% off, or $17, by just typing in some letters and numbers. :D

PSTwoSP- 50%