PS2M is 99% DONE!!!

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

*o*

Post by *o* » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:24 am

just out of interest how many Mobo's have you used?

How much has the project cost in total?
Penn & Teller wrote:It's BULLS#%@

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:35 pm

I find this question incredibly hilarious, and right of you to be curious. This is the 7th mobo, and IF i totaled EVERYTHING that went into this project, I would estimate easily about $1,000. INCREDIBLY INSANE, yet i would have given up on this if i had no way of a steady cash flow, a.k.a. EBAY. :o
My football game has made me tired as hell, so when i wake-up tomorrow morning, this is PRIORITY #1. :D :D :D :D
PS2M-99% -Final Stages of the 1st O.G. PS2 Portable (Will this ever get done??)

PSTwoSP- 50%
Rewiring Controller, LED Modding Screen

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:10 pm

Well, HERE"S some awesomtastic news!!! I was testing the battery life of my battery with DVD's all night. Guess how much life i can get out of this thing?!!! A TOTAL OF 4 hours and 30 mins!!!! :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) 8) I must draw the attention that everything is working, but i have to work on getting small things squared away, like putting the fans on 7v instead of 12v or 14v 'cause they are pretty loud so i have to quiet them some. And attaching the screen, witch is last. This is a test of average battery life, cuase the screen wasn't powered off of th battery, but shouldn't make too much of a differce- maybe like 20-30mins max!! So 4 whole hours of play time is insane!!!

And remember, this thing is playable anyhwere!!! I have the car adapter finished and working, and the wall adapter is perfect when plyaing at home. I will VERY RARELY EVER use the battery, unless i want to show-off, so my battery life will be insanley long. God this is awesome!!! :D :D :D :D

PSTwoSP- 50%

dunks0r

Post by dunks0r » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:19 am

Congrats!

Frustration of breaking parts in portable modding is a horrible thing, starving for your art is a phrase that comes to mind.

Will look forward to the update, lotsa pics would be nice too :)

*o*

Post by *o* » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:04 am

wow! 7 mobo's! that is a lot, i really admire your commitment... goood luck!
Penn & Teller wrote:It's BULLS#%@

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:50 pm

I'm sure you guys are sick and tired of reading my posts saying that i got a new mobo and it will be done soon, well this is just that! I've got a V11 mobo, and i figured since i have the modchip I don't need a old version 5. This is expected to be done around the 30th, my b-day or sooner- unitl the thing arrives here. I'm so close to being done, i can smell it. :o

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:13 am

For some lame reason the server seems to have taken back all my changes from lastnight- i edited the titles of my threads adn changed my profile avatar, and added a post to this thread about my screen, and now it like i never even did all that. :evil: Here's what i posted last night-

ImageImage

The 3 tact swithces are for whenever that greenish tint comes up during a game, i can just hit the RGB lines with a tap of 5v to boost it away. Screen looks great with the emblems, and does everything a reg. screen can do.

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:30 am

I recieved my v11 mobo today, and what a great day to finish a portable!!! Today or tomorrow should be the completion date. Please be patient as i have to make some finishing touches, and all is done! :o :o :o :o :o :o

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:45 pm

It's not done yet, but just one good mobo away. I looked on ebay for some ps2's and im getting a working 50001 model that plays all discs but the dude used the laser gear for parts to another system and it slips when ejecting or something. Also got on for 2 that are 50001 and 30001 and i bought a 30001R. So i'm SURE that ONE of them will work! Any day now i will get them on my doorstep.

PSTwoSP- 50%

DK

Post by DK » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:20 pm

Wait a mo Cennar. If the fans are cooling the PS2, won't the air be warm therefore not cooling your hands.

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:49 pm

this is on hold cuase my Paypal account is on hold. DK- it's called convection, and that's how it cools the hands. Google CONVECTION and u'll see what i mean.

PSTwoSP- 50%

DK

Post by DK » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:01 pm

No need for the sarcasm, I do A level physics so I know what convection is. And the fact is, if the hot air is being pumped out at speed, as I assume as you'r using fans, then there will not be enough time for the hot air to rise before hitting your hands. Ergo your hands won't be cooled.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:27 pm

eastsider_1 wrote:this is on hold cuase my Paypal account is on hold. DK- it's called convection, and that's how it cools the hands. Google CONVECTION and u'll see what i mean.
As in a Convection Oven ?

So you're going to cook your hands? :P

gannon

Post by gannon » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:40 pm

The hot air from the fans evaporates the sweat on them causing cooling due to thermal transfer. It's simple and is why we sweat in the first place :roll:

DK

Post by DK » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:48 am

Thats like saying to cool down I should use a hairdryer not a fan. I know sweat is evaporated to cool you down, but it won't take as much heat away as is being pumped at your hands. 8)