PS2M is 99% DONE!!!

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:39 pm

Well i finally got my battery and now its down to the packs, pcb, and wires. I'm rewiring it for optimal positioning inside the case. I'll be working full throttle tomorrow to get the battery inside the case. After that is LEDs and my 8v regulator. :D :D :D :D :D :D :o :o :o :o :o
PS2M-99% -Final Stages of the 1st O.G. PS2 Portable (Will this ever get done??)

PSTwoSP- 50%
Rewiring Controller, LED Modding Screen

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:41 pm

AWESOME!!! I can't wait, seriously :D ! Could you post a video on, say, YouTube when it's all wrapped up?

CTFan

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:43 pm

Yes indeed, I've set up an account on PutFile- if that sites good or not I don't know- but anyway I have DIAL-UP. This SH*T can go to hell, but besides that It would have to be lengthy cause there's so much on this. I MAY put in the DMS E.Z.I. clip-on since it's: 1) THEE top of the line chip and 2) It's GOLD. Dream away.... :wink:

PSTwoSP- 50%

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:48 pm

Awesome. And could you, by any chance, make the whole thing more of a review instead of just showing us gameplay vids like Segasonicfan did? His video was cool and all, but it would've been much more entertaining with the voice of the creator to follow along.

CTFan

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:17 pm

Sure. I was thinking of doing something of that nature. I'm getting things ready for the PSTwoSP [PSTwo Slim Portable] and I just figured out the PCB wiring for my other li-ion battery's PCB that went out on me and use it as an 11.1v 8800mAh battery for cheap.

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:11 pm

WOW!!!! This battery is a perfect fit!!!! I got the bottom wired and set, and the top is almost done!!! Here's some fotos!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ImageImage

PSTwoSP- 50%

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:26 pm

Those batteries look thin! How long will they power the system?

*Darts Eyes* By the way, did you happen to check your PM's? :mrgreen:

CTFan

TitaniumHamster

Post by TitaniumHamster » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:10 pm

eastsider_1 wrote: ImageImage

Lookn' awsome friend, but, I just have one sugestion. Never, EVER take that thing to the airport. Ever. I've never seen anything that looks more like a bomb (that can also play vice city) in my entire life.
" ! "

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:24 pm

Well, now that you mention it I think i will just line it with LEAD. One problemo- my motherboard is out again! I just found out what it was, when i soldered the connections little tiny bits shoot out from the iron when they hit and flung onto the packaging the battery is wrapped in and it touched the laser chip and I dont have a blue eject light or does it boot up. Well, thank GOD for paypal!! Don't worry- I will trim the bottom case to compensate for this and make it 1/8" larger. A very good day indeed because my battery didn't fry or damage. Everything worked FINE before I put the lid on it and sink in the mobo on the battery and the solder got to it. I dont think theres room for a chip, but you never know. Just a slight delay. 8)

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:37 pm

I just got my motherboard yesterday, and wanted to get to work but i had a 2page story to type unitl 10:30!! And today i had football practice and ran the hell out of it. Now im currently working on the FINAL mobo, and by tomorrow night this biatch will be DONE!!!! :shock: :shock: :) :) :)

PSTwoSP- 50%

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:26 pm

*walks in* Hellz yeah! *walks out*
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:03 am

Well if you havent guessed by now im having trouble. For the first time EVER im having laser troubles. :( I got a new mobo a couple weeks ago and was going to hook up a fan to it and come to find out that if you touch ANY 2 pins of the optical out on top of the mobo where the pins are, it will blow a fuse and short the mobo out.

Also, i bought 4 "broken" ps2's off of ebay and though "well i can just clean em and sell em for a profit". Turns out they were ACTUALLY DRE's and most of the time you can just clean em with air and thier brand new, not these babies.

And to add to all of that, the PSTwoSP's modchip install wasn't 100%, and the laser is messing up. I just dont know what to say anymore, maybe just that IT WILL GET DONE THIS YEAR!!! :shock: Jeez guys, sorry to dissapoint you, but it hurts me more than it does you. A couple more weeks and we'll find out . :?

PSTwoSP- 50%

Weebl

Post by Weebl » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:16 pm

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It always seems like things are going just great until the very end, when everything goes wrong. Just persevere, I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end.
Women are like internet domain names; all the ones I like are taken
Check out my shameless abuse of free blogging here

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:06 pm

Yeah, your right. I've done all i can to stay positive, and it will be worth it. I just thought i'd have it all done by now, which would have been if the laser problemo hadn't have popped up. Seriously, this thing will be done by my birthday, September 30th. Maybe that way i will have a luck day. :)

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:22 pm

YESSSS!!!! I finally got a GREAT MOBO!!! I'm re-wireing every thing for Friday/ Saturday so i can show it off!!! This is great news, and i Bought a new PSTwo for my PSTwoSP, and this modchip install will be 100% or im going to give-up on the PSTwoM and just chipp the PS2M :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PSTwoSP- 50%