RGB FIX: Play in Component, Watch in RGB

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

eastsider_1
RGB FIX: Play in Component, Watch in RGB

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:34 am

This is to inform people with a PS2 that you CAN watch DVD Movies in FULL RGB!!!! Of course this has been untested by ME, but someone must reveal this secret. I found out about this when i went to a modchip site. They had several pics of V1-V4 models with a pic that said "Connect these 2 Points" This is Pin 28 of the IC A3525BR, found on the top or bottom of the motherboard, that traces to a VERY small hole in the board. Jump thiis hole to a GND location, or equivalent.

This mod is in japanese. Use GOOGLE to search this "A3525BR" and you'll get some crap to llook thru. Go to the 2nd page of the 3 results and go down the bottom one that says ????????DVD-VIDEO???????? Now click Translate This Page button, and scroll from the top to the bottom. This dude did the fix. Play in Component, Watch in RGB. Theres the 2 pics to prove it. Somone attemps this and succeeds, list the method used and we've got FULL RGB!!! Again, this is for people WITH a PS2 and a PSONE SCREEN. :twisted: :twisted:

segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:30 pm

yea, problem is though that fix doesn't work on the new slim PS2s....The only way to remove macrovision on those is to get a mod chip. I got the new Matrix Infinity Green Dot and it works great, I can watch all my movies in RGB on my PSOne screen :)

-Segasonicfan