X-Box portable!!!!!!!

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:28 am

he has a point, ho are you going to regulate the temperture of a xbox if its inside a backpack :?:

official xbox fiend

Houdini

Post by Houdini » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:59 am

Its winter isnt it? jk, No i would come up with something like a cold pack that fits into a pouch in the side.

This is magic bunny copy and paste him into signiture to help gain world domination!

megabacon

Post by megabacon » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:01 am

how about the h-box (handheld box)

sniper_spike

Post by sniper_spike » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:30 am

Wow, a crappier Paint than even the thread starter's.
I think this is a sign we should abandon the idea of making one of these behemoths into a portable....
:P
Dr. Gregory House wrote:Good lord, are you having a bowel movement or a baby?

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:14 am

Or what about if you set the backpack up against something? Like you have it on your back and you lean up against something...snap! Connections broke and just a mess. Well good luck.

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:19 am

When i get better at this stuff,i want to be the first person to make a X-boxP :D :P
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:53 am

When I have Fairy Princess Wings I want to build an Xbox portable too! Look the idea may be possible but who it there right mind is going to invest all the time and energy in the modification of the Xbox.

You have to find a battery setup that has the power and can handle the draw the Xbox has. You have to mod the CPU heatsink so that the portable isn't over 2 inches thick. You have to rewire the controller ports. Add a mod chip otherwise you can't cut out the DVD-rom and replace the hard drive (it's just easier this way).

I don't see anyone here that thinks this idea is a good one with the knowlege or experiance doing it. The Xbox isn't the perverbial Grail of Portables, its more like the Star Wars Project that just wasted money.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

totokan

Post by totokan » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:44 pm

megabacon wrote:how about the h-box?
So far, you've brought more than three dead topics back to life. Please stop.
Shhh! I'm not officially back yet.

tom61

Post by tom61 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:30 pm

Sparkfist wrote:You have to find a battery setup that has the power and can handle the draw the Xbox has.
There's some nice Li-Ion packs that could handle it for awhile.
You have to mod the CPU heatsink so that the portable isn't over 2 inches thick.
Replace it with a 1U heatsink.
You have to rewire the controller ports. Add a mod chip otherwise you can't cut out the DVD-rom and replace the hard drive (it's just easier this way).
Fairly easy. Replacing the controller ports with the quick-disconnect connectors would be neat.
I don't see anyone here that thinks this idea is a good one with the knowlege or experiance doing it. The Xbox isn't the perverbial Grail of Portables, its more like the Star Wars Project that just wasted money.
It's still a cool idea.

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:30 pm

Sparkfist wrote:When I have Fairy Princess Wings I want to build an Xbox portable too! Look the idea may be possible but who it there right mind is going to invest all the time and energy in the modification of the Xbox.

You have to find a battery setup that has the power and can handle the draw the Xbox has. You have to mod the CPU heatsink so that the portable isn't over 2 inches thick. You have to rewire the controller ports. Add a mod chip otherwise you can't cut out the DVD-rom and replace the hard drive (it's just easier this way).

Since when has ANYTHING about Star Wars wasted money? :?
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:25 pm

President Regon started a program called Star Wars. In the end it didn't produce any usable system, it just sucked down about $100 million. That is the reference I was making.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:39 pm

why not try using a really big piece of PVC Pide as a mount/case and place fans on either end

thencut a holes in the backpack so that each end is outside

this will blow air through, cooling the massive XBOX motherboard, HD and the boundless amounts of batteries you will need.

then you could have room in the backpack for extra games and accessories without overheating them

as for mounting the dvd drive, that will be a problem since it will need to be level so when you walk, the drive won't skip (possiby springs and rubber boots?)

may i also suggest to relocate the controller ports to the top of the backpack straps for easy access
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

llama_master

Post by llama_master » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:46 pm

why dont u get a generater...i mean u are already carrying enough weight :wink: just messing with u a portable x-box is a great dream.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")This is Bunny. Copy and past bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Undisclosed

Post by Undisclosed » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:20 pm

if only microft shared the same dream
>(o ) Quack Attack!
_( ~ /_ Rubber Duck Owns.

Or perhaps you prefer the wrath of snail _@/

G-force

Post by G-force » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:57 am

Maybe a future fuel cell/battery hybrid might make this possible. I was reading about them a little. It's like a battery that is powered off gas, and is very efficient... (Kinda.) I only skipped through the article.