SD Gecko Question

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

bridabom73
SD Gecko Question

Post by bridabom73 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:46 am

I probably should have done a bit more research before making purchases. I bought an SD Gecko (http://dx.com/p/wiikey-sd-card-adapter-for-wii-3993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), and I was reading some of the reviews. I saw that someone said it didn't support SDHC cards, so I thought I would just cancel the order before it shipped and buy a different one instead. I found that other ones also can't use SDHC cards. I bought a 16 gb SD card (which still has yet to arrive). I'm only going to be using the SD Gecko for loading homebrew/emulators and such with Swiss.
First, are there any SD Geckos that support SDHC cards? I would assume it's a limit with the Gamecube as opposed to all Gecko makers using outdated technology. If so, that's unfortunate, and I have a predicament with my SD card. Also, do you think 16 gb is too much? I have 2 gb in my Wii for homebrew, and it's almost full. I plan on using more space than what I have in my Wii, but I don't really know how much. (Probably not 16 gb.) I figured I would get something larger to make sure it wasn't too small and use the extra space for other things if I needed it. I also got it for pretty cheap, so I wanted to get the most bang for my buck that I could.
The bottom line is should I return the 16 gb card for something smaller (and of standard capacity), or is there hope of me being able to use an HC card? And regardless, do you think it was a mistake to get such a large card? What do you suggest I do? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance. :)