New Gamecube Portable Worklog

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

SNESGuy2
PSN Username:mankeywitz
New Gamecube Portable Worklog

Post by SNESGuy2 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:43 pm

I suppose now is as good a time as ever to enter the portablizer's club, and what better way than to portablize my first and one of my favorite game systems: The Gamecube!

Features:
Rev. A GCN mobo- original regulator
14.8 6.4Ah lipo battery pack
PsOne Screen
Original Disc Drive
Memory Card Ports
4 controller ports
AV multi-out port

The gamecube has been taken apart and some of the unnecessary ports (serial ports 1 and 2) have been removed

How should I keep this thing cool?

Also, is it ok to put more than 12v (about 17v) into the 12v input on the motherboard? For some reason the regulator stopped outputting anything on the 12v line. Any ideas on what's wrong?

MacSplosion

Re: New Gamecube Portable Worklog

Post by MacSplosion » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:30 am

Hi SNESGuy2
I had a problem too with my power regulator. Suddenly, my 12 V line disappeared and the only thing left was about 0.003 volts.
But that wasn't a problem since Zenloc found out that you can bridge it with the 5V line. What you notice when your 12 V line is gone is that your sound is really low, but on 5 V the sound is back as it was before, so just bridge it with the 12 V line.
About cooling the Cube: you can use the fan that comes with the gamecube, it will be fine. If you are going to use a different case: make a few holes for the airflow.
Are you going to use some Wiikey??
Good luck!