PS2FATfreeboot Portable Project Worklog

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Gamerlolwind51649
PS2FATfreeboot Portable Project Worklog

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:07 pm

Hello everybody,
gamelolwind here and this is my work log for my PS2FATfreeboot portable that I'm working on alongside my zcp.
don't worry my zcp is still on, i haven't abandoned it just working on it slowly than before.

anyways, here's my work log for my PS2FATfreeboot

with
and softmoded with

24/9/11

today i went to my local games store to see for a new ps2,
i was right on it being the new SCH series, priced at 99 E
A SCH 9004 CB ps2, probaly no free mc boot chance, through i saw a sticker on the back saying soothing about old dates etc.

but i didn't risk it, my sch 77004 ps2 i have has free mcboot on my memoir 32 card (now i changed it to my second sony 8MB card and transfers my saves to memoir 32 for more space, mainly because Jak III wouldn't save on my 8mb because of space issues)

instead i was thinking of a screen for my ps2, some of you may remember me saying in my ps2pfree news thing that i was going to get the ps2 intec 5'6 inch screen?
well, i changed my mind and got an even better screen. Today at my local games store for 99 E, a little bit more than the intec but way better stuff :)

This is what i got:

A Turbox Portable Digital TV (DVB-T)

Features:

The Framework presents the new portable TV Turbo - X PTV -7000 D. Compact for easy transport, terrestrial digital tuner MPEG 4 and LED technology you can enjoy your favorite TV shows or games of your team every time on the trip, the trip, even during the break from work.

With top quality construction combined with LED technology all your programs will run with clarity, while HDMI and Composite jacks let you connect to external video / audio complete entertainment.

Finally, the PTV-7000D features a USB port for direct playback of video, music and photos from USB stick, and is compatible with popular files MP3, WMA and JPEG, respectively.

LED Screen 7''with a resolution of 480 x 234 pixels (16:9)
Integrated MPEG4 decoder for playback of digital channels
Greek Program Guide (EPG)
Automatic / Manual Channel Search
Supports up to 1000 channels
USB connection for playing videos, music & photos
Connections: HDMI, Composite
Integrated stereo speakers 2x2W
Rechargeable Battery Lithium Ion 1800mAh
Battery life: 90
Dimensions: 220 x 30 x 130 mm
Weight: 0.482kg

the guy at the store told me that the battery life goes up to 2 hours maybe a bit more.
i made a good choice, after testing it out it's just what i wanted :)

AV mode: Image

this tv has av in for input and av out for external output like cam coder/vcr/capture device etc.

for the connector i had to get an Triple RCA, i got 2. one for my ps2pfreeboot and for my zcp.

This allows me to connect

the AV from GC or ps2 -------- RCA-------- AV screen or psone AV.

giving me this: Image

sweet, huh?

yeah it's super.

and controller for custom on console, maybe use a wireless one.

anyways, i went today hoping to get an new ps2 but i got an awesome, super cool 7inch portable screen :)

and it has an HDMI input, so i can plug in my hdmi cable from my ps3 and play on the screen :) also it goes up to 1080P!!

cool. now all i need is an dvd portable battery for my ps2 unit and an wireless controller.

and then to put everything together onto my portable.

later. and heres a test vid or screen :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVTLTihtOD4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

11/12/11

I'm using a FAT ps2 SCH-50004 with An IDE Seagate 120GB hard drive with games on it.
and the PS2 Network Adapter.

i have attached the controller I'm using that will be inbuilt on the system.

Fat Boy Benny PS2 Portable:

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;