Regulater Board to Gamecube Board

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Game KA
Regulater Board to Gamecube Board

Post by Game KA » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:47 pm

Hey I am new here and I had 2 questions?
How to connect my Regulater board to my GC MotherBoard?
Why do I need to use a multimeter, why and how?
Also how do you put pictures from Iphoto to here?

Gamerlolwind51649

Re: Regulater Board to Gamecube Board

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:56 pm

Hay there, Game KA!! welcome to Ben heck forums, good to have you here

1) Kasar has created his step by step guide for building a gcp also with new finds by various modders are added in to help future modders of cube portablzing.

he has a diagram for what points to wire up the regulator board to gc board: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=26398" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and info and how.

i also have pics of my wring of this part in my work log in my sig if your interested in looking.

2) the multimeter is used for measuring the exact amounts that each point of the regulator gets from the power supply or battery when split for each required volt in the reg etc.and it tells you that you have the right volts indicating your soldered correctly etc.

3) easy, first take your pics off iphto by copy and paste on desktop and then have an account on a photo site like image sack/photobuket etc and upload it to your account on your photo site then when you make a topic of post her with a pic from you collection on you image site, just log in to your account and go to the image and copy the IMG link and when you post here paste the img link here and presto!

it'll look like this in edit mode: {IMG} http://www.image" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site.com/acount user/imagename.jpegpng or etc/{IMG}

you can't directly post the images from iPhoto to here, you must first upload them to your image account site them paste the IMG link in your post here.

Fat Boy Benny PS2 Portable:

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Game KA

Post by Game KA » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:07 pm

Hey thank you for writing back. Not many people here, generally do that, and thank you for writing both posts.

Game KA

Post by Game KA » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:39 pm

Hey one more thing, I see how people use thicker wire for this step. What guage would you recomend for this and what does Kasar mean by bridgeing the wires? I have never once bridged wires before, I usually just connected each one to their points one by one. But using the 5 wire method would be ideal for my case. So how is it done?

Gamerlolwind51649

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:45 pm

no, prob!

the gauge wire i used was thick and thicker for the power. the gc wire best is AWG 30.

Bridging is when you add solder to the two points by joining them together with it. then you solder one wire in the middle of this bridge.

easy, just follow kasar's step on this on what points to solder to what points and use the diagram and you'll be fine.
i was okay doning this.

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Game KA

Post by Game KA » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:32 pm

Stranded or single wire? And Where can I find it?

Gamerlolwind51649

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:17 am

um, not sure, i think single wire is better, but it's doesn't matter really because when you solder the wires together or a wire it bonds with the solder.

you can buy wires at any electronic sotre or local store near you like radioshack or homedepo etc.

Game KA

Post by Game KA » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:31 pm

but 30 awg is so small are you sure it is that size, it is enamel coated magnet wire, that is the only 30 gauge they have?

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:03 am

I find that controller wire is the best. You can find 5 different colors within a controller's cords (for gamecube and PS2 controller cords). Great for any controllers you took apart or broke. Lots of wires and stranded copper core.
Image Image

Game KA

Post by Game KA » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Worked out well so far. Video is showing but there is no audio. I have 2 guesses as what happened when I connected the reg board to the mobo board 1 cable might be loose or when I was prematurely taking out the VGA Port I might have broken an audio wire. So lets hope for the broken wire as my mistake not the bad soldering.