Gamecube Sound Problem :/

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

andrewdorsey
Gamecube Sound Problem :/

Post by andrewdorsey » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Everything on the cube works, but the sound is really static-y where you can't even make out anything thats going on. I relocated the power board 3 times now and still getting the same problem. I connected 12 volts to the little component as seen here

I can't figure out what to do :?

I can't continue the project until I get the sound working....

Please help me if you can :)

Gamerlolwind51649

Re: Gamecube Sound Problem :/

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:54 pm

hay dude,
have you tried to connect the left and right audio lines like this:

http://kyorune.com/modding/file.php?art=84&file=44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and then connect them straight to your portable tv to test?

or you can try this fix, if it's what your looking for:

http://moddedbybacteria.freeforums.org/ ... -t370.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hope this helps you.

and it sucks about the sound problem :(

hope you can get it fixed soon :)

Fat Boy Benny PS2 Portable:

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

andrewdorsey

Post by andrewdorsey » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks for the help man, I tried everything, even what you recommended. I just bought a new board :wtf:

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:09 am

lol. You could have tried dropping the voltage, or adding some insulation (RF amp shielding) around the audio processor IC.

Could also be a cold solder joint, or even a blown capacitor would have done that, as the voltage will not be 'levelled' out. Hence, a improper waveform that the IC does not like, will cause static.

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:41 pm

@Andrewdorsey

Lower voltage may or may not have fixed the issue. But when you are getting static noise, it usually means a damaged amp and/or AV chip. You could try desoldering the on board sound amp and wiring directly to the AV chip.

If the problem persists then your AV chip is damaged in which case you might as well get a new board (unless you wanna try for an AV chip swap-out which is REALLY tedious).
Image Image

andrewdorsey

Post by andrewdorsey » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:28 pm

Thanks guys for your help!

Game KA

Post by Game KA » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Dude,
I am sorry this is a little late but it is actually a very simple fix. When I was taking out the ports I made sure I had not broken anything on the board by testing it. I got the exact same sound you were describing and the only way to fix it is................................................ Clear all of the port wires from the under of the ports. You know, those wires that you have to scrape off after you remove those ports. Thats all you had to do.

GAMEKA

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:14 am

Game KA wrote:Dude,
I am sorry this is a little late but it is actually a very simple fix. When I was taking out the ports I made sure I had not broken anything on the board by testing it. I got the exact same sound you were describing and the only way to fix it is................................................ Clear all of the port wires from the under of the ports. You know, those wires that you have to scrape off after you remove those ports. Thats all you had to do.

GAMEKA
If you are talking about the "pins" then removing them can prevent bridging. They are not wires. And Andrew's problem was something entirely unrelated to bridging.

On another note, the audio amp will sound staticky if you give it anything lower than 5 volts (that was probably your problem, Andrew). I still haven't tested higher voltages yet.
Image Image