Easily play PlayStation 2 ONLINE using an alternate DNS

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360
Easily play PlayStation 2 ONLINE using an alternate DNS

Post by Haunted360 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:39 am

Play Sony PlayStation 2 Games ONLINE (after Sony Servers were shutdown)

(I would like to see this as a sticky please) (nope)

Hi. If you would like to play ANY PlayStation 2 (PS2) Online game once again please follow this guide.

Do not worry. It is easy, and requires standard Sony equipment. The server hosting, is also free. However, it would be nice to give a little donation to the host below

THINGS YOU WILL NEED
- A (not-modchipped) Sony PlayStation 2 console,
- A Controller,
- A Memory Card,
- A Broadband Internet connection (modem's may work with some games),
- Official Sony PS2 Network Adaptor or a Slim with the inbuilt hardware.
- An Official Sony Network Access Disc (you can use an EA game that has the built in setup utility, but the Sony Network Access Disc works the best).

INITIALIZE THE CONSOLE
Ensure that the cables are plugged. Power, AV and a CAT-5 Ethernet cable or phone cable if you are using dial-up.
Ensure that at least 1 controller and 1 memory card are plugged into slot 1.
Turn on the console, insert the network access disc and boot it.
Select 'setup' or an alternate method to begin setting it up...

INITIALIZE THE CONNECTION TO THE SERVER
Enter your DHCP settings. This will be your modem's specific settings. Alternately, you can use the automatic setting, but may result in error.
Under DNS, enter manually these Internet Protocols:

Primary IP: 99.198.122.113
Secondary IP: 208.67.222.222

TESTING
Perform a quick test. Usually, this is after the official Sony Network Access Disc setup, but you may be able to just use a game to test...

"I CAN'T CONNECT!"
Well, this will be many things. Ensure you have entered the numbers correctly. All of them. DHCP and the DNS. You may also have you use PPoE if your ISP requires it.

Open ports to your PS2 (you will need a manual DHCP for this) 5150 and 5151 UDP.

You are using a modified console. You can not use a modified PS2 with the DNAS authentication system without a patch. Just buy the original game, and use a non-modified system. Some games will work, such as Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 as this does not use DNAS.

Server DNS is down. Yea, I do not own this DNS server, nor is it hosted by me. You will now have to use Xlink KAI to play online. However, only LAN games are supported.

WHO IS THE OFFICIAL HOST?
I do not host the DNS server. Nor do I maintain it.
The person who does that, goes by the name Snipe. He can be found here on his official site
http://thps.us/

MORE HELP
DO NOT PM ME FOR ANY HELP, NOR CONTACT ME ON MY SITE.
Please reply in this topic and keep it clean...

Thanks and once again, enjoy playing PS2 games ONLINE.