Gamecube trigger switches

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Trollman
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:49 pm
Location: Above you... In Canada

Gamecube trigger switches

Post by Trollman » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:10 pm

In the following guide about replacing the Gamecube controller triggers (http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=33768), Hailrazer mentions using a tact switch. I am curious as to whether this is an ON-MOM switch or a OFF-MOM switch.

User avatar
Gamerlolwind51649
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Re: Gamecube trigger switches

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:13 am

Trollman wrote:In the following guide about replacing the Gamecube controller triggers (http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=33768), Hailrazer mentions using a tact switch. I am curious as to whether this is an ON-MOM switch or a OFF-MOM switch.
it's neither.

"A tact switch is type of switch that is only on when the button is pressed. As soon as you release the button, the circuit is broken. Think of the keys on a keyboard"

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_tac ... z1RiB4Awe7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the tact switch your talking about is wired to the L/R solder points on the gc controller board.
Image

Fat Boy Benny PS2 Portable:

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Georgia Sweet Georgia

Re: Gamecube trigger switches

Post by hailrazer » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Gamerlolwind51649 wrote:
it's neither.

"A tact switch is type of switch that is only on when the button is pressed. As soon as you release the button, the circuit is broken. Think of the keys on a keyboard"

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_tac ... z1RiB4Awe7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the tact switch your talking about is wired to the L/R solder points on the gc controller board.
If you do not no what you are talking about it is best to let others answer the question. :wink:

Tact switches can be Momentary ON or Momentary OFF.

The tact switch in the Gamecube triggers are Momentary ON or also called Normally open.
My Portable Systems:
Image
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

User avatar
Gamerlolwind51649
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Re: Gamecube trigger switches

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:52 am

hailrazer wrote:
Gamerlolwind51649 wrote:
it's neither.

"A tact switch is type of switch that is only on when the button is pressed. As soon as you release the button, the circuit is broken. Think of the keys on a keyboard"

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_tac ... z1RiB4Awe7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the tact switch your talking about is wired to the L/R solder points on the gc controller board.
If you do not no what you are talking about it is best to let others answer the question. :wink:

Tact switches can be Momentary ON or Momentary OFF.

The tact switch in the Gamecube triggers are Momentary ON or also called Normally open.
right, sorry dude.
Image

Fat Boy Benny PS2 Portable:

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post Reply