Aspired newbie wanting to make gcube handheld.

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

haseopkk
PSN Username:haseoxatoli
Aspired newbie wanting to make gcube handheld.

Post by haseopkk » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Sorry for the long title. Recently i've seen plenty of models of portable game consoles and been trying my best to research but i have zero experience. I have basic soldering skills and a partner who has never done this kind of project but has 25 years in engineering. But i will be doing most of the work :( . anways ive seen some guides but not complete guides. i dont need tips (although still willing to accept) but i really need some help with understanding how to make a handheld gamecube.
total noob at making portables <(^.^)> bear with me....

Soulsaviger
360 GamerTag:robloxzack
Steam ID:robloxzack

Re: Aspired newbie wanting to make gcube handheld.

Post by Soulsaviger » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm

Well Its Great To See You Would Like To Make A Gamecube. But You Should Try A Nes Or A Snes Before Taking On A Huge Project Like That. But If You Are Really Devoted You Could Build A Gamecube Portable. Good Luck!
I'd kill myself too if my last name was........ COMBS!

haseopkk
PSN Username:haseoxatoli

Post by haseopkk » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:36 pm

I've read many recommendations about the first projects people should use but i'm very adamant about the gamecube being my first portable. In any case i know what the inside of all my consoles look like my first project was trying to fix my disk drive for my old ps2 to be able to use it a little longer and idk how i did it but i fixed it eventually same with my ps3 had to fix some parts and reattach some things that got knocked loose but without any experience it took my days to try to get it to work. eventually i got it to work for another 2 months. RIP 60gb PS3 reverse compatible and original PS2, :(
total noob at making portables <(^.^)> bear with me....

killersquirel11
360 GamerTag:killersquirel11
Steam ID:killersquirel11

Post by killersquirel11 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:20 pm

No project is too big if you take it in baby steps. The biggest thing to remember is to test often. For example:

1) Collect all of the parts (screen, gamecube, controller). Plug them all in and see if they work
2) Take 'em apart and hook 'em together. Still working?
3) Work on board relocation/connector removal and test after doing each one.
4) If you're doing a custom power supply, build and test it apart from everything else, then test the system with your new board.
Who is more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him