My PS2 Portable

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

sorcererswind
My PS2 Portable

Post by sorcererswind » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi iam new to the forums and i`d just like to show off my ps2 portable i`ve been working on its not the perfect case but i ran outta fibre glass and ended up using salt doe then cooking the whole thing iam gonna get some filler and spray paint tommorrow and finish the job the screen is just a old portable tv screen but ive added a gba screen magnifier to make the screen bigger
i`ve also removed the dvd drive and it works of usb also it has a inbuild ps2 memory card ive soldered to the board the r1 trigger is the only trigger i kept because i did`nt want to put a xbox trigger on each one because i thought it would look daft
pictures below 8)

http://img577.imageshack.us/g/49668112.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also the ps2 is running off ac power because i dont know what battery to get yet but the screen is working off batterys 3 AAA Batterys powers the screen for a few hour 2-3 i think

MrAfterFx
Portablizer
Steam ID:MrAfterFx

Re: My PS2 Portable

Post by MrAfterFx » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:55 am

Wait wait wait... You just signed up and have already made a portable? You have my full respect sorcererswind! Its great to see more Ps2p's being made because there isn't a whole lot around. Great job dude! You need to apply for your "Portablizer" title!

If you have any questions about ps2's I might be able to help, all you got to do is PM me 8)

sorcererswind

Post by sorcererswind » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:15 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome i was hoping for some help on the battery ive got a psone screen ordered to replace that small one one the ps2 ive got all the tools but i was wondering if i could use a 9v battery the external dvd player ones and just build it into the case without a inverter or anything

also heres a look at a psone portable iam working on at this very minute
http://img851.imageshack.us/i/dsc00394v.jpg/
its coming along pretty well and ive managed to use up all my isopon waiting for local shop to open in 4 hours so no sleep for me iam kinda in a solid drinking coffee mode till then
sorry for the long reply i will be working ona n64p soon and i know iam gonna struggle because i know naf all about inverters so i think you may be able to help me out

Ive checked out some of your portables they`re Awsoome!!

Rymel

Post by Rymel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:02 am

how's the load times on usb? for the batteries you could add up what you need and use lithium polymer batteries from batteryspace.com
does it r0x0r j00r b0x0rz?

yes, my pants are quite happy :D

sorcererswind

Post by sorcererswind » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 am

Iam waiting on a bigger usb drive but usb advanced seems to do the job pretty good unfortunatly i`ve only got a 1 gig sdcard reader to play with at the moment ill iam picking up another screen my local games store tommorrow so ill upload a worklog till its completed

Rymel

Post by Rymel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:55 am

Check out the screen I'm using, I posted the Vizio 7" LED TV
does it r0x0r j00r b0x0rz?

yes, my pants are quite happy :D

sorcererswind

Post by sorcererswind » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:53 am

Heres a peek at how far i have got as far as putting a bigger screen in the ps2 and i now have left/right audio yay!

got screen working
Here memory card soldered to the board and the controller
Iam using the headphone jack a video in jack aswell it will come in handy for testing out consoles

Iam planning on adding the r2 and l2 buttons as i go the getting some filller like isopon or something to make a case for it its really lite at the moment so i dont want to add too much weight to it havent gotten as far as getting a battery yet but iam working on it and iam also planning to get a mini fan for the back from maplins later on today

This is the poor bugger i had to break to get the screen.
Yes its a psone portable the sole reason i started this project was to build a ps2 portable i built this while waiting for parts and unfortunatly it has now met its doom
The plan for the case will be to make it will a mixture of different cements like isopon fibreglass and milliput and then paint it. The end result will look like the one above but smaller and a heck of a lot lighter, I like the brown and white so iam thinking white gloss with brown stripes then a coat of varnish to make it unscratchable

FRONT

BACK

SIDE

So far so good iam only sanding by hand the white paint is just so i can find all the bumps in the console a polish them out <Huff> This seems to be taking forever the next protable i build will have already build case (Because iam tired)