Unicycler17's GCP worklog FINISHED

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Gamerlolwind51649
Re: Unicycler17's GCP worklog

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:20 am

unicycler17 wrote:Image

I'm really pleased with the front of the case. Not so happy with the back, but I didn't put any effort into it. The disc cover is just a round tupperware peice that I shrunk down, painted, glued the gamecube piece too, and velcro'd onto the drive.

I did all the casework on the back with the drive inside :oops: so I really hope it still actually works. But Tchay says it's easy to replace lens' to fix drive errors. I hope I wont need to though.

For the left controls, I will just screw the official controller directly to the epoxied in shell piece, and have wires running from the rest of the board to the other side.
nice work log, unicycler17 :)
love your case design and placement of the parts.
so you didin't remove the dd's connector and the gc mobo connector, you don't really need too right?
then which way are your memcards facing? upword?

do you have more pics of your parts placement in your case?
im having a bit of trouble wheter toremove the dd's pcb connector and solder each point to the gc mobo or leave it as it is.

Fat Boy Benny PS2 Portable:

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

unicycler17
PSN Username:unicycler17

Post by unicycler17 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:58 am

If you don't remove the connector, you're going to end up with a rather large gcp. I have a pretty big case, and since my soldering skills arent great, I just left the connector on.

As for the memory cards, I removed the slot b, and the A slot will just stick out sideways inside, because I have plenty of room.

unicycler17
PSN Username:unicycler17

Post by unicycler17 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:49 pm

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=43147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;