Gamecube Trigger Questions

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Trollman
Gamecube Trigger Questions

Post by Trollman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:14 pm

I have been searching for hours, but cannot seem to find a post about wiring the gamecube triggers to the board. I'm going to be using a lazerdoodle and might follow Hailrazer's idea from the Ncube. I know how to build the triggers, but I don't know to wire them up. Any suggestions?

Ashen

Re: Gamecube Trigger Questions

Post by Ashen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm not sure what you're asking here. Are you using triggers from a dreamcast type controller? The premise is pretty simple, the gamecube controller uses a standard pad contact switch for when the L/R buttons are fully pressed and a linear potentiometer for sensing the movement in between. The dreamcast type controllers I believe use a rotary potentiometer. Only two wires for each connection. Almost to simple to screw up?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Trollman

Post by Trollman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Ashen wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking here. Are you using triggers from a dreamcast type controller? The premise is pretty simple, the gamecube controller uses a standard pad contact switch for when the L/R buttons are fully pressed and a linear potentiometer for sensing the movement in between. The dreamcast type controllers I believe use a rotary potentiometer. Only two wires for each connection. Almost to simple to screw up?
Thanks!

Gamerlolwind51649

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:02 am

Ashen wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking here. Are you using triggers from a dreamcast type controller? The premise is pretty simple, the gamecube controller uses a standard pad contact switch for when the L/R buttons are fully pressed and a linear potentiometer for sensing the movement in between. The dreamcast type controllers I believe use a rotary potentiometer. Only two wires for each connection. Almost to simple to screw up?
so if you use the dreamcast potentiometer and not the gc one then the triggers won't work?

Fat Boy Benny PS2 Portable:

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;