PsFx2 (Portable Ps2) Worklog!

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

MrAfterFx
Portablizer
Steam ID:MrAfterFx
PsFx2 (Portable Ps2) Worklog!

Post by MrAfterFx » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:03 am

After seeing my first portable being a huge success I have decided to continue with portablization! hailrazer is the first person to come to mind when I think of making more, I have followed all of his guides and he is a huge help. I will be doing some vacuum forming along with some franken casing to make sure this portable will look as close to hailrazer's case work as possible!

So I made a design layout and you know how I am, when I make the layout that is the final looks of the case:

I also ordered the following:
2x Lithium ion 3.7v 5000mah batteries with PCB
3x ps2 SCPH-79001
Ps1 with screen, console and controller
.08 Polystyrene
Bondo
Spot Filler
200 rubber tact switches 15mm
Screen protector 6x
L and R buttons
25 IDE Ribbon Cables (I am not playing!)
Automatic Wire Stripper (Thank you doug for the link!)
2x AX3022 Based adjustable Regulators
3.6 amp Smart Charger
And a hand sander

I will keep you guys updated! Also the (3x means there is three of them same with the 2x)

MrAfterFx
Portablizer

Re: PsFx2 (Portable Ps2) Worklog!

Post by MrAfterFx » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:07 am

To give you an isea of the way my handhelds turn out to look compared to my designs here is an example:

I underestimated the size of the screen and lazer doodle for one reason... I have never owned a lazer doodle except for when I was a kid but now I know what to expect!

MrAfterFx
Portablizer

Post by MrAfterFx » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:29 pm

Okay sorry for the lack of updates I am in need of two more parts in order to finish this portable. Here is the picture of my case, it is 90% done:

I abandoned the whole vacuum forming thing because they guy never shipped me out my styrene, so I am just going to use a 1911 gun case. As you can see in the picture it has two latches on the top for easy access to the internals. All you have to do is flip them up and then open the case, it will make it easier when it comes to placing the controller in.

The controller I used is a MadKatz mini pad. It will feel more comfortable and easier to hit the analogs on intense gaming situations.

I am going to be using a high gloss finish (car paint, primer and black metal type overlay) in order to maintain that shiny look without having to worry about any pesky fingerprints.

Well thats it for now, I hope you all enjoy reading this Image.

unicycler17
PSN Username:unicycler17

Post by unicycler17 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:30 pm

Looks great! 200 tact switches? :shock: Are you going to remove the latches when you finish it? Or leave the internals easily accessable?

MrAfterFx
Portablizer

Post by MrAfterFx » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:44 pm

Leave the latches on, the only reason why I chose the case. I was having a blast experimenting with different putty's and spot fillers I came up with my own technique. Also I got the 200 15mm tact switches for only 22$ shipped! If you would like the link I would be more than happy as to post it :).
Last edited by MrAfterFx on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrAfterFx
Portablizer

Post by MrAfterFx » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:01 pm

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 98&afsrc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <------ Rubber tactile switches

Image <------ Ratchet awesome smiley made by me