PS2 SCPH-90001 Custom Case

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

C-Kronos
360 GamerTag:MenaceSx7
Steam ID:Nemmay
PS2 SCPH-90001 Custom Case

Post by C-Kronos » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:39 pm

I'm looking for a new or custom case for the SCPH-90001 revision of the PS2. It has a built in powersupply, so all the custom cases for sale on other sites don't fit.

Does anyone know anything about this revision and custom casing? What would I have to do to go about repainting and removing the scuffs from my current casing? The main reason I hate the casing is that half of it is glossy. It gets scratched just by wiping the dust off of it.

If anyone can help me out or provide some useful information, I'd really appreciate it.

Snow_Cat
Steam ID:Snow_Cat

Re: PS2 SCPH-90001 Custom Case

Post by Snow_Cat » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:11 pm

Have you tried filling/buffing the scratches out using acrylic carwax?

C-Kronos

Post by C-Kronos » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Snow_Cat wrote:Have you tried filling/buffing the scratches out using acrylic carwax?
It fell from quite a height and dinged up the case, buffing out the scratches wont do any good.

Snow_Cat
Steam ID:Snow_Cat

Post by Snow_Cat » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:06 pm

'Wallpaper' it.

Go to a art supply store and buy a sheet of suitable (opaque) polyester film; trim it to cover the damaged panel and glue it in place.
The plastic will float over any hole, dent or ding and cover any scratches with a perfect skin of new plastic.
If the film is paper thick then you could use rubbing alcohol or 'dishsoap+water' instead of glue, though it would take longer to dry.

Beware that this will only look as good as you can measure+cut.

ALT: buy a rubber 'non slip' mat from the hardwarestore. New skin will be dent, scratch and slip resistant.
ALT: use a piece of ordinary paper to see if will cover the 'ding' adequately.

C-Kronos

Post by C-Kronos » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:16 am

Snow_Cat wrote:'Wallpaper' it.

Go to a art supply store and buy a sheet of suitable (opaque) polyester film; trim it to cover the damaged panel and glue it in place.
The plastic will float over any hole, dent or ding and cover any scratches with a perfect skin of new plastic.
If the film is paper thick then you could use rubbing alcohol or 'dishsoap+water' instead of glue, though it would take longer to dry.

Beware that this will only look as good as you can measure+cut.

ALT: buy a rubber 'non slip' mat from the hardwarestore. New skin will be dent, scratch and slip resistant.
ALT: use a piece of ordinary paper to see if will cover the 'ding' adequately.
Yeah.. it's damaged on the sides as well. Look, I just want to replace the entire case, not really modify or repair what's already there.