xbox laptop need help

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

e3c
xbox laptop need help

Post by e3c » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi I'm new to forums and modding so I don't have much experience. I want to make a xbox laptop and need to be steered In the right direction. I need to know all materials ill need including best products I want to add a good battery that can power a xbox a decent lcd and a 7inch touch tablet pc. Also if there are any guides, work logs, or tutorials that can help I'd really appreciate it
My For Sale Thread

^ Rare Moniter, Many Consoles, And More!

Joes2Silly

Re: xbox laptop need help

Post by Joes2Silly » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Slow down, a xbox and a touch tablet PC? What the hell are you building? The only "work log" I know of is hackmodford's (right bellow this thread at time of posting), but IMO xboxscene has the best information available specifically related to xboxs'. For a laptop you are going to need to ditch the old PSU for a pico PSU or equivalent micro power supply, and most likely (if you want it really small) get rid of the DVD drive using either a modchip, TSOP flash, or some kind of jumper wiring.

official xbox fiend

e3c

Post by e3c » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:31 pm

well I'm making a xbox laptop with a great feature that sadly most xbox laptops don't have wifi capability through a tablet android pc not an actual pc btw just a kind of ipad tablet running with an android interface. Anyways I want to keep tablet as is as a separate system but connect to the same power source a want it to have a battery for on the go play say in a car or so . I'm working on a tough design as I write.
My For Sale Thread

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:08 am

Xbox requires too much power for a battery to keep it charged for more than an hour. It's not a laptop based design so it doesn't even attempt to limit it's power consumption. Also, to shrink the box down you are pretty much going to need more fans in it to lower the temps. Also -many- xbox laptops have wifi built in. There are a few adapters that work for this and they are usually factored into the case itself, so that should help eliminate the need for a tablet...

e3c

Post by e3c » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:37 am

Well I heard there are batteries that can power up a 360 laptop for about 2 hours that are expensive but I don't mind the cost o want it to have quality parts. Also I want to add the tablet mainly for having something unique. The tablet is like an ipad but for android so there will be accessibility to apps and a camera which ill connect to either above the screen inside or outside. plus the the tablet allows you to freely browse the Internet. also it will have latest mod and a 2TB hdd
My For Sale Thread

The Smooth

Post by The Smooth » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:12 pm

I've got some cheap batteries that should be able to power an xbox 360 for 3 hours.
Let's just say my portable has got loads of win!!! *hint *hint
Transformice is so addictive!

e3c

Post by e3c » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:34 pm

What type are they? i need something like that where did you get them?
My For Sale Thread

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Under the hood of your car. :wink:
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

e3c

Post by e3c » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:04 pm

I tried that once it was an amazing 30 seconds until it started glowing all weird then a huge flash and the xbox disappeared next thing I know there a huge floating x propelling towards the sky. In unrelated news a week later a japanese satellite crashed into a small village in India :shock:
My For Sale Thread