Odd Ps2 Laser Behavior Any Insight Appreciated

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

doug104231
Odd Ps2 Laser Behavior Any Insight Appreciated

Post by doug104231 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Hey Guys Long Time Benheck viewer just registered came here from acidmods so heres the deal ive got a v14(spch75001) slim ps2 which had a fried laser so i installed a new one no discs would read at all so i got out the ol multimeter did some pot tweaking and got ps1 games and any cds to read perfectly same with blue ps2 discs (which are supposably the hardest for the laser to read) works just fine but for the life of me i cannot get it to read silver ps2 discs or dvd movies after spending about two hours messing with the pots last night i gave up now im just hopeing someone else has had this problem and that theres a fix or maybe im just doing something wrong
(Edit) okay i just found out that the blue disks are cds... its weird that the dvd pot affects them anyway
:(
if it helps heres how the drive acts upon each disc
ps1:Runs Great
Ps2 silver:jerks disk back and forth about 5 times before slowly spinning and gets disc read error
Ps2 blue:works wonderfully
dvd movies:same as silver ps2 discs

Hifeno
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: Odd Ps2 Laser Behavior Any Insight Appreciated

Post by Hifeno » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:58 pm

I had the same problem with one of mine except I could only get dvd movies and dvd games to play and not cds and ps1 games.
That's Hacking Awsome
Visit my Website http://hifeno.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Re: Odd Ps2 Laser Behavior Any Insight Appreciated

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:19 pm

You're PS2 is only reading CD's then, something is wrong and it wont read DVD's. Did you try cleaning the laser?

The blue PS2 discs are CD's, not DVD's.

PS1 = CD
Ps2 Blue disc = CD
Ps2 Silver disc = DVD
DVD = DVD