Xbox slim/laptop

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Joes2Silly
Xbox slim/laptop

Post by Joes2Silly » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Okay everyone, I have a xbox that I have been tinkering on for well over a couple of years. My first mod was a TSOP flash, which I then proceeded to nuke. Bummer. Then I installed a LPC header and put in a DuoX2. I left it on the shelf for a while, then I attempted to fix the TSOP with a 29 wire modchip, failed and not fun. Luckily the chip still works. Here's how it sits today:

I plan on either making it into a slim xbox, or a laptop, depending on how much money I can invest into it. Right now I have iND bios on one bank with the DVD check skipped, and cromwell bios on the other so I can load linux. It's not looking so slim right now, hopefully we can fix that!

I'm either going to be getting a smaller laptop hard drive, or just using a 3.5" IDE drive. Whatever I can find. Here's a list of upcoming mods:
-new case
-new PSU (pico PSU probably)

official xbox fiend

Harlequin

Re: Xbox slim/laptop

Post by Harlequin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:34 am

If you are going slim don't forget the third part of the holy trinity

1. new case
2. new psu
3. new fans

of course you've already mentioned the 2.5 in drive and the no DVD, so good to see that's been covered..

AngelArm1110

Post by AngelArm1110 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:37 am

you know what you should do if it has the spare pads (which looking at your picture i think it does), upgrade the RAM so that it doesnt bottle kneck the CPU so much. if you have the soldering prowess to install a mod chip you should be able to handle it the installation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kyaz4Zrd78" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi3Bi2i2bEg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there are actually better methods for the installation of the new ram chips, but that video gives you the idea

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:39 pm

I actually just got another 1.0 xbox today, and I'm going to be flashing the TSOP and using that motherboard instead. I also need to worry about a PSU before I start to even think about a case. Considering the cost vs performance, I don't think I'm going to upgrade the CPU or RAM. Right now I also have a weed eater bike project I'm working on, but as soon as I get around $50, I'm gonna set up a Pico PSU with a ATX converter from Sickmods.net

official xbox fiend

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Good news on my xbox... sort of. Got the new xbox flashed, then i tried to get multi-bios setup running, now only cromwell boots :| I think I can still boot into raincoat and flash the bios again, so tomorrow I should have another update....

official xbox fiend

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 pm

Semi-update, got the xbox booting into raincoat. Patched up a new 1 meg bios image. Hopefully more than one bios sector will boot this time :D

UPDATE: I finally got a CD-RW to read on my Thompson drive and I reflashed the TSOP. Now I need to re-solder the wires to access each bank because I don't get any video on the 4th bank but the ring of light is still green. Weird :|

official xbox fiend

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Another late night update. Got the xbox wired up again, but it frags when booting iND bios and Evox bios, gives no video on stock bios (I may just get rid of this, it's kind of unnecessary), but boots perfectly into flashbios (thank god for that one!)

EDIT: Flashbios actually can't flash TSOPs.... back to the drawing board....

official xbox fiend