My very first portable (Gamecube :D )

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Jidan
My very first portable (Gamecube :D )

Post by Jidan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:22 pm

So, for my very first project, I decided to make a GCp since I love the system so much and actually have one I'm willing to "waste". So..I took it apart..

That's just everything hooked up like normal.

I went out to Radio Shack today and picked up some wire and a desoldering pump vacuum which I have yet to use correctly.... and so I got this so far

:) I am so surprised that this actually works! The only thing I am afraid of is the solder breaking where I put it with something :( It happened once on the LED...but I guess I am just going to be very careful with it. Anyway, I'll be working on the rest of the controller after I finish up the case and get my screen and stuff...unfortunately the batteries will be last, because I can't buy them until I sell my bass guitar....

Still very excited about this whole thing :D I still can't believe it actually works...

andrewdorsey

Re: My very first portable (Gamecube :D )

Post by andrewdorsey » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:19 pm

If you don't want the solder to break from the connections you soldered to then put some hot glue on the spots you have wired the connections to. :lol:

Don't over do it though. :roll: I tend to over do it somtimes, hahahaha :twisted:

EDIT: Oh and also MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE FAN ON THE HEATSINK OR THE GAMECUBE WILL OVERHEAT AND BREAK!!!!!!!!

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:23 pm

And if you ever need to get the glue off to change or fox solder just , just put a few drops of 99% Isopropyl Alcohol or De-Natured Alcohol on the glue and it will peel right off. :)
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Jidan

Post by Jidan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:06 pm

andrewdorsey wrote:If you don't want the solder to break from the connections you soldered to then put some hot glue on the spots you have wired the connections to. :lol:

Don't over do it though. :roll: I tend to over do it somtimes, hahahaha :twisted:

EDIT: Oh and also MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE FAN ON THE HEATSINK OR THE GAMECUBE WILL OVERHEAT AND BREAK!!!!!!!!
Hahah, yeah, I kinda figured as much by how fast the heatsink got hot. I just have to figure out a way to fit it all in the case so that it works well :? and fits...if anyone has any suggestions...

And thanks hail, I'll make sure to remember that for when I inevitably break almost the entire thing and need to redo every single connection I've ever done :? No sarcasm, heh..