How would this work out? (GCp)

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Jidan
How would this work out? (GCp)

Post by Jidan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:00 pm

Well, I'm starting to make a Gamecube Portable. I'll be following ShockSlayer's design for the most part, but I want to make it a little bit thinner - if anyone could give me some tips or help to the case/battery/wiring/pretty much anything, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

So I've taken apart the 'cube and the only parts it now has are the Motherboard, power regulator board, disk drive + that little board thing and the front part with the controller sockets.
My plan is to rewire the the power regulator board to the motherboard so I can move it over to the side and it won't add to the thickness of the portable.
I'll be keeping the the plug to the disk drive board because I really don't think I could mess with that successfully...
I'll probably be keeping the power switch the same and sticking it somewhere

I for the most part need help with the case (looking at either the ZN-45 + some other polycase thing or the Datamax thing), the battery and how to connect all that stuff, and how to make it all fit in a case under (hopefully) about 2.75 inches in the thickest part and about 1.75 on the sides to grip it.

Any help is extremely appreciated!

tzt2

Re: How would this work out? (GCp)

Post by tzt2 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:10 pm

Hi Jiden, as I am starting my own (first mod) I can offer you little advice except for this - have patience. Best of luck and am looking forward to see how you progress along.

Jidan

Post by Jidan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:12 pm

tzt2 wrote:Hi Jiden, as I am starting my own (first mod) I can offer you little advice except for this - have patience. Best of luck and am looking forward to see how you progress along.
Heheh, as simple as that seems, chances are very good that I'll have to refer back to that advice plenty of times during the making of this portable - especially with shipping! :P Thanks though, and good luck with your first mod as well :)

zefeldo2

Post by zefeldo2 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Well zenloc was able to fit the gamecube into JUST a zn45 case http://www.polycase.com/item/zn-45.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shockslayer made an awesome portable too (looks better than just the zn45 case alone) and he also had the JB-55 for the jetpack type thing at http://www.polycase.com/item/jb-55.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of the best screens that mostly everyone would use (not all but most) is the psone screen
Batteries should be some lithium because they would last longer and you can recharge them.

Hope i was atleast a little bit of help