PSTwo/Sony 5" LCD/RGB/green tint - Here's the complete FIX!

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Kyosho
Portablizer
Re: PSTwo/Sony 5" LCD/RGB/green tint - Here's the complete FIX!

Post by Kyosho » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:36 pm

:facepalm:

I'm quite dense. All this time I thought the stuff you were doing was on the PS2 itself and not the screen. I must have misread the first time I read this thread or something. It makes more sense now, though. Since it's only the PSOne screen that has the issues. Doh. :oops:

Now I'm even more interested as to whether you can just solder to those points. PSOne screens being a precious commodity and all. PSTwos are fairly plentiful, if expensive (to a poor person anyways), but they'll continue to drop in price eventually. PSOne LCDs on the other hand, are probably going to keep getting scarcer and more expensive. Though I suppose portable dvd screens will be continually lowering in price and availability. I'm just not a fan of playing a 4:3 game stretched out, for older consoles.

AngelArm1110

Post by AngelArm1110 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:31 pm

hey, i was just reading up on your breakthrough fix, and i was suddenly reminded of a post made by Bacteria when he was building his psone portable (intoplay). anyway, in an image he posted, you could see the RBG lines being connected to points on the other side of the board, that correspond with the signal inputs, since the bottom part of the board had been cut off to make room. so my idea, was to use the points bacteria was using, for the fix you came up with:

do you think this will work too??

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:53 am

yeah, it should. Basically, it's bypassing components, how you do it doesn't matter. You MIGHT even get away with not desoldering them, but just shorting it the way you painted it on. Give it a try, at worst it won't work.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:41 pm

AngelArm1110 wrote:hey, i was just reading up on your breakthrough fix, and i was suddenly reminded of a post made by Bacteria when he was building his psone portable (intoplay). anyway, in an image he posted, you could see the RBG lines being connected to points on the other side of the board, that correspond with the signal inputs, since the bottom part of the board had been cut off to make room. so my idea, was to use the points bacteria was using, for the fix you came up with:

do you think this will work too??

Should work fine. I get zero ohm's resistance between the input and those points. The traces from there lead directly to the inputs.

Dunno why I didn't think to use them o_O