PS2 Slim laptop

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator: Moderators

ITman496
PSN Username: ITman496
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15580478

Re: PS2 Slim laptop

Post by ITman496 » Fri May 15, 2009 1:38 pm

I know how to do it, as I had a 19" LCD, that the back light broke on....

I'm debating if I should make it with aluminum, or would it be really cool if I made a mold, and dumped liquid plastic in and made a uni-body XD

tonysdg14

Post by tonysdg14 » Fri May 15, 2009 2:50 pm

samjc3 wrote:
ITman496 wrote:yeah lol...

QUESTION(S):

Should I watch out for anything when it comes time to rip apart the monitor to make it thinner... also, how thin can I make it? Can I move the electronics from the back to the main chassis of the laptop to make it thinner on the screen itself?

How much power does a 15.4 inch ccfl LCD monitor draw?
the monitor probably draws around 40 watts, at 12v.
the monitor can be as thin as the lcd+backlight, assuming you move the screen mobo. (probably about 1/4 inch)
dont touch the back of the lcd. it will leave fingerprints that will show up on screen.
I'm interested in pulling apart a desktop LCD to make a screen for my current project. I was wondering if when you said 12v you meant DC current, since I'm going to try to put a battery together too and I need to know what voltage I'm going to have to reach.
Also, if you aren't totally sure, is there a way to find out what the DC voltage would be?

samjc3
Steam ID: samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Fri May 15, 2009 4:14 pm

tonysdg14 wrote:I'm interested in pulling apart a desktop LCD to make a screen for my current project. I was wondering if when you said 12v you meant DC current, since I'm going to try to put a battery together too and I need to know what voltage I'm going to have to reach.
Also, if you aren't totally sure, is there a way to find out what the DC voltage would be?
the screen itself takes dc. if you pull apart a desktop lcd, there is a power board that converts the ac from the wall to dc, probably at twelve volts. if you arent sure about the voltage, use a multimeter. as for a battery, you would need one hell of a battery, upwards of 10,000mah, at 12v, assuming you want like 2 hours run time. (those specs include a pretty high power consuming console, like a ps2 phat or an xbox. if it was a psone, pstwo, nes, snes, or one of the older consoles, you would be looking at much longer runtime.)
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

tonysdg14

Post by tonysdg14 » Sat May 16, 2009 2:19 pm

thanks for the info.....i never thought of trying that. I'm researching into whether or not i could build a laptop out of mini-itx and regular desktop parts (i know....there is really know point in doing it. i just want to see if i can). i already know that the battery would have to be big, around 300 watts or so. 12 volts is good though, since that's what i need anyways.

raphael19

Post by raphael19 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:35 pm

before anything else. Can I connect my ps2 slim to my laptop with a Internet cable to get my ps2 online? :roll:

I have a ps2 slim version and a laptop in my room together..
but my router that gets my laptop online is all the way downstairs.. so can i just use a internet cable to connect my laptop to my ps2 slim to get online? please help. :cry:

ITman496
PSN Username: ITman496
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15580478

Post by ITman496 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:28 am

Heh. Forgot about this whole thing, lol.

I got bored and made a 3D model quickly, using this screen as my new design.

http://cgi.ebay.com/13-LCD-TFT-FLIPDOWN ... 5ad5af5963" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That square cutout on the top is the cd drive, and that cutout on the front is the door where all the ports will be.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... man496.jpg
Please don't stretch the screen with huge images. -B6

EDIT: Okay, completed model is done!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/ ... man496.jpg