a little gamecube battery help

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

dslitemodder
a little gamecube battery help

Post by dslitemodder » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:03 pm

I recently got two radioshack 7.2 Volt 2000mAh Nickel-Cadmium RC Battery Pack and Charger at my local flea market (they were still in the packaging and were $4 each! :mrgreen: ) Anyways I need some help wiring them so I can use them to power my gamecube (which I also got at the flea market for $5 :lol: ). I know you have to wire them in series to get them above 12v to power the gamecube, but I need them to also power my ps2 screen (again flea market $20 came with a broken ps2) which takes 12v to power it.

here's what the batteries look like

I'm looking for some sort of wiring schematic (or description) that tells me how to wire them so I can still charge them and power the gamecube and screen (doesn't have to do both at the same time)
any help at all is appreciated
Last edited by dslitemodder on Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Re: a little gamecube battery help

Post by eurddrue » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:10 pm

well, you would have to wire them in series to make enough voltage so you would only have 2000mah, which will only give you 30 minutes.
in your last question, you need a plug that you would have to wire to make a charging port.
I don't really think there is a universal picture that tells you how to wire you gamecube either. If you can't figure it out, then you should probably start with a different project.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

dslitemodder

Post by dslitemodder » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:28 pm

eurddrue wrote:well, you would have to wire them in series to make enough voltage so you would only have 2000mah, which will only give you 30 minutes.
in your last question, you need a plug that you would have to wire to make a charging port.
I don't really think there is a universal picture that tells you how to wire you gamecube either. If you can't figure it out, then you should probably start with a different project.
No I'm good with soldering and general teardown, etc. batteries are just not my strong point okay? and please don't say I should start with another project as I know I can do it and I'm not a noob, I just don't know somethings and that's why I'm asking questions. :wink:

I actually got four of these batteries and I only thought that I would need 2 of them for this.
so I wire it like this right?

+
battery 1
-
+
battery 2
-
+
battery 3
-
+
battery 4
-

so it basically becomes one big long battery right?

Edit: after looking at it I realized that I still don't have it right :oops: I think if I do it that way I'm adding all the voltages together, which is way too much for my needs. So I think I need to make 2 sets in parallel and then wire them in series correct?

+ <- to gamecube/screen positive
battery 1 <- parallel
battery 2
-
+
battery 3 <- parallel
battery 4
- <- to gamecube/screen negative

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:43 pm

yup :D You would still only get about an hour of playtime though...
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

dslitemodder

Post by dslitemodder » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:58 pm

eurddrue wrote:yup :D You would still only get about an hour of playtime though...
that's good enough for me then :lol:

Okay so my final question is where do I put the charging plug for it? Do I just wire it up on the +/- ends? I'm not sure if it will charge with the parallel batteries like that.

dslitemodder

Post by dslitemodder » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:34 pm

double post

My mobo so far
bottom

desoldered ports

I still need my previous question answered so I can continue