Xbox Slim Worklog

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

DK
Re: Xbox Slim Worklog

Post by DK » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Lord_Turkey wrote:Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.

£20 for chipping Xbox's, PS2's, Gamecubes
£50 for Wii and Xbox 360
Darn, it's in the North East, nigh on 3 hour commute from Liverpool :(

Lord_Turkey

Post by Lord_Turkey » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:44 am

Or just send it to me in the post and i'll get them to do it and send it back, even with the two and fro postage costs it'll probebly still be cheaper then a train ticket/petrol money etc

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK » Sat May 30, 2009 3:16 am

Lincoln in the north east? News to me; I've lived in the north east all my life and am pretty sure there's no county of Lincolnshire in Northumberland, County Durham or Cleveland/NorthYorks/Middlesborough/Whatever-they-call-themselves-this-year which make up the north east region.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Sat May 30, 2009 8:53 am

LOL, oh you silly brits - 3 hour drive? Here in America, that's a nice drive on the weekend. I can't even leave my state in 3 hours...

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK » Sat May 30, 2009 10:36 am

Well it's that old saying isn't it? "The British think 100 miles is a long way, the Americans think 100 years is a long time" ....

Of course 100 miles does seem quite a long way when your road network is abysmal, what was once the most extensive rail network in the world is now a joke and the cost of fuel and public transport is virtually the most expensive in the world.

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Sat May 30, 2009 11:03 am

Yeah, I know - just ribbing you guys.

You haven't lived until you've driven to Florida (about 25 hours' drive for me)... :P

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sat May 30, 2009 11:10 am

eagle5953 wrote:Yeah, I know - just ribbing you guys.

You haven't lived until you've driven to Florida (about 25 hours' drive for me)... :P
and you are lucky to be alive after driving through kansas! :lol: (bbbbooooorrriinnnggg :roll: )
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Sat May 30, 2009 12:33 pm

I don't know that we did. I remember going through Kentucky and Tennessee, so maybe we avoided it altogether.

Actually, it's Georgia that sucks, as I recall. Besides the fact that it's big and you're driving from corner to corner, essentially, you know you're nearly in Florida, so you really want that state to END ALREADY! :lol:

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat May 30, 2009 1:34 pm

Driving to Idaho from 3 miles away from the eastern border of montana, all across the entire state could be the most boring drive ever :lol:
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Hifeno
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Hifeno » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:30 pm

I softmodded my friends xbox a little while ago. We then proceeded to put a 120gb hard drive into it. Well we made a boot disk and created a hard drive. I goes into the xbox just fine. The only problem I have is it will only play some games. From hard drive or disk. Call of Duty big red one works great. But Halo 2 freezes at press start screen. Several other games I tried did the same thing. They froze at press start screen or just a little ways into the game. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
That's Hacking Awsome
Visit my Website http://hifeno.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:42 pm

Some developers got wise to how people were ripping games to the hard drive (and obviously wanted to prevent that). The FATX formatting that the XBox hard drive uses only supports 42 character names, so no files can have names longer than that. Knowing this, they intentionally made some critical files with longer names so that they wouldn't work (the game would look for the long-named file and wouldn't find it, because FATX cropped it short).

A decent XBox-specific ripping program will fix this by making the game look for the shortened-name file, thus restoring functionality. This is probably what you need. I just ripped them on the hard drive using the built-in ripping functionality - haven't had any issues.

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:19 pm

eagle5953 wrote:First major snag:

The XBox throws up an error message (no. 12) when the disk drive is unplugged. Not sure how to get around this one, but I'm going to start with google. Hopefully, there's a way to wire up something so that it detects a (nonexistent) drive.

Other people probably used mod chips, but mine's softmodded. Hope I can figure this one out.

need a modchip to convince the xbox that it doesnt need the dvd drive.

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:57 pm

what really?
Anything I can do to make it think otherwise

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:17 pm

It is possible to run a softmodded xbox with no dvd drive, but you will have to have the PCB with the connections attached to the motherboard :wink:

official xbox fiend

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:03 pm

dragonhead wrote:need a modchip to convince the xbox that it doesnt need the dvd drive.
SonyPortableizer wrote:what really?
Anything I can do to make it think otherwise
Joes2Silly wrote:It is possible to run a softmodded xbox with no dvd drive, but you will have to have the PCB with the connections attached to the motherboard :wink:
I went over this two pages ago - flashing the TSOP will allow a modified BIOS to skip the disk drive check. That way, I don't need to use a modchip or keep part of the disk drive inside of it.

I haven't done it yet because I need to bridge the pins with solder to allow the TSOP chip to be flashable.