Wii Homebrew (56k warning)

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Mario

Post by Mario » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:27 pm

I'd do it but I don't have Zelda... :cry:

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:30 pm

Is there a way to uninstall the twilight hack or disable it so I can update my Wii?

official xbox fiend

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:30 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:I'd try it but I dont have Twilight Princess. (I need that for the twilight
hack...right?)
yes, yes you do. It works by loading a modified TP save file that replaces the horse's name with a variable that is too long causing a memory overflow error, at which point the hacking takes over the system.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:32 pm

Joes2Silly wrote:Is there a way to uninstall the twilight hack or disable it so I can update my Wii?
The twilight hack isn't permanent. the only thing that is permanent are any channels you install while running the twilight hack. once you install the homebrew channel via twilight hack you shouldn't ever have to use the twilight hack again.

However, I would hold off on updating the system before looking it up online to see if it caused anyone with the homebrew channel to have any problems. If so, you can always delete the homebrew channel like any other channel.

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:39 pm

I'll look it up. The only problem with my Wii is that it is not completely mine so I don't want to mess it up and get half the family mad at me. I'll just stick to messing up my xboxs for now :wink:

official xbox fiend

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:49 pm

Totally doing this Friday night. :D

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:00 am

Joes2Silly wrote:I'll look it up. The only problem with my Wii is that it is not completely mine so I don't want to mess it up and get half the family mad at me. I'll just stick to messing up my xboxs for now :wink:
Yeah, don't go messing with something that ain't fully yours.

nickerous

Post by nickerous » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:47 am

I'd been loading brew through the TP hack for a while before installing the Homebrew Channel. I don't regret it. Awesome stuff. The SNES emulator is great and the latest NES emulator has zapper support for the Wiimote. Love it. Although, I'm having trouble getting the 2nd player wiimote working.

That's really all I'm using it for at the moment. I know about the PC Engine emu and the early N64 emu. There's also a PSX emu in the works.

Everything was great until I discovered Free MCboot for the PS2. Haven't turned on the wii since. Although the NES/SNES emus aren't as good as wii, the PS2 is easier to play now-a-days. My wife loves the big screen tv. :cry:

Super Cameraman

Post by Super Cameraman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:53 pm

My Zelda disc has a little scratch in it. It's not big, but it's deep, and the Wii won't read it... Maybe I'll borrow one from someone at school or something.
If you're looking at this post and it was made before 2008, just ignore it.