ps2p

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

kansurr
ps2p

Post by kansurr » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:11 am

Want to create a Ps2 Portable but had a few questions for you guys (cause ur all probably smarter)

1. I have a psOne screen, but it is the pelican version, not the one made by sony, do you believe this matters? And I read about putting leds in the screen. Is this a must or does it just help you with batery power?

2. Is it possible to have a second controller port on the portabler?

3. Is it possible to output the ps2 to the portable screen as well as to a television?

4. I have a ps2 and the psOne screen that is previously mentioned. I want to get a battery that i can charge using a wall plug, and have some kind of battery meter.

5. I want to build in a wireless bridge so that i can connect to a wireless adapter if there is one availible. Does anyone know of a good place to get this part or a good way to put this in there?

6. Does anyone have a good tutorial on how to set this up? or any advise on a good starting point?

Thanks for any help that anyone can give.

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:49 pm

Cool are you doing this for the contest?
Im doing the same thing

1. First part no idea. And it saves tons of battery power
2. Yes it is possible to have a second controller port, but usually it is hard to make it look good with the portable
3. Yea it is possible to use on both screens just split the cables and how to send it out is up to you(like the will laptop, or an A/V put plug)
4. You can easily find a battery like that online
5. Dont do wireless if it is a portable A. because it sucks tons of power quickly(Just like it does with an unplugged laptop) B. I only know of 2 games for the Ps2 that still use online(The others got discontinued) and C. adaptors like that are big
6. Try using Bens or Brian Gardiners sites for help( www.palmps2.com ) A good starting point is getting the system and screen hooked up and running off the same battery

Hope I helped

kansurr

Post by kansurr » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:44 am

thanks for your insight

Have you put a new heat sink on your ps2 yet? I have seen a lot of pictures of added heat sink and i was wondering what you did for that?

I guess its probably no worth it to build the wireless in, maybe i can just leave the Ethernet port available for use, when i want to use the internet.

Any Idea of a place where i can see how to make the ps2 output to 2 different video sources? I would like to use the ps2 original port to output my video to the screen if possible

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:47 am

If you mean use the original ps2 video adaptor the ps1 screen should have one for video out
If you mean to use it to go to both screens the better because you can buy cable splitters(Noobway), you can rebuild your own from broken ps2 video output(The small rectamgle)which I dont reccomend, or split them yourself, and add in your own that look like this and is very easy to solider
I dont actually use these, I buy a set that has 3 in a row all white and I then color them myself(VERY hard for me to do, might not be for others)

The added heatsink is to let release more heat from a certain component. because copper is a conductor it is used and heat risesso it is better then the stand alone
I know websites for ps2 parts and heatsinks are easy too find

And please add pictures because I can help more