Tough Decision (need some pro's & con's)

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:46 pm

My claims are backed up....anything can show its self in 1080p but it would take a tremendous about of work to make that the max you didn't read my post correctly.
You said "You guys do know that no game give 1080i max resolution it is the limit for the ps3 but no developed uses it."
no game give 1080i max resolution
You are incorrect. Negative_Creep pointed out a few of the many games running at 1080p.
it is the limit for the ps3
You are incorrect. The current max resolution of the PS3 and 360 is 1080p, because few if any TV's can display anything higher.
no developed uses it
You are incorrect. Many games on the market reach or exceed 1080i resolutions.

So you see, you're original post was completely and utterly wrong. No one read it incorrectly. All of the information you presented was wrong- ALL OF IT- every tiny little tidbit of information.
you expressed your opinion as if the world agreed this comment in itself was ridiculous.
This coming right after you post "the 360 has the best online..which hands down is true."

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:10 pm

O then it was a mistake on my part I ment to put p...

Which kicks out all your comment except the Xbox online one....

Plz enlighten me what system has better online than the 360?
:?
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:26 pm

Negative Creep, while I respect your opinion that you prefer the PS3, don't make blanket statements like 'halo 3 is a poor game.' As Jones said, there's a few million people out there that disagree with you. If you don't like that style of FPS fine. Personally, I think Halo 3 and GoW are lots of fun, so it all depends on the individual.

So, to whoever started this topic, find the console that has more games that you like, and ignore the rest of us arguing back and forth. :P
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:25 pm

I ment to put p... Which kicks out all your comment except the Xbox online one
Aha Aha- NO. :roll:

Assuming you meant to put a p, your post would read like this: "You guys do know that no game give 1080p max resolution it is the limit for the ps3 but no developed uses it."

"no game give 1080p" Negative_Creep mentions several that do give 1080p.

"it is the limit for the PS3" this single remark becomes true.

"no developer uses it" Negative_Creep mentions several games that do use 1080p.

So, most of your post remains incorrect. Maybe instead of claiming it was a typo, you should just admit that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Plz enlighten me what system has better online than the 360?
The point is, you accused someone of stating opinion as fact, yet you yourself stated your opinion of Xbox Live as fact! There have been no quantitative studies proving the superiority of Xbox Live over all other online services in existence.

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:30 pm

I do believe I'm very right about no Developer using 1080p for max resolution but I'm open to you naming a few.....

There doesn't need to be studies cuz all sides console owners and Developers agree that if they could get there consoles to give out the online like Xbox live they would love it...
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:13 pm

LoyalistRevolt wrote:There doesn't need to be studies cuz all sides console owners and Developers agree that if they could get there consoles to give out the online like Xbox live they would love it...
Really? Every single one? I'd like to see that in writing.

As much as I love Xbox Live you can't make blanket statements like that, because which one is better is still a matter of opinion.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:14 am

LoyalistRevolt wrote:I do believe I'm very right about no Developer using 1080p for max resolution but I'm open to you naming a few.....
Negative_Creep wrote:Wipeout HD, GT5 Prologue and God of War III: 1080p

Virtua Tennis 3 360: 1080p

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:43 am

Black Six wrote:Negative Creep, while I respect your opinion that you prefer the PS3, don't make blanket statements like 'halo 3 is a poor game.' As Jones said, there's a few million people out there that disagree with you. If you don't like that style of FPS fine. Personally, I think Halo 3 and GoW are lots of fun, so it all depends on the individual.

So, to whoever started this topic, find the console that has more games that you like, and ignore the rest of us arguing back and forth. :P
The Halo series in general hasn't made a steady decline, it went down like a popped balloon. Bungie had a gem on their hands with the original Halo, and whilst sharing many similarties to the Marathon series (by the same Developer), it did something nobody else did good before... a console FPS (bar Medal of Honor), with an original and decent storyline that evolved well introducing the flood mid-game, but then, as soon as Bungie/Microsoft knew they had the customers/fanbase in the palm of their hands, they decided that putting effort and work into the entire series would be over-sufficent, so they made Halo 2, which rode almost directly on it's much-hyped Xbox Live modes, whilst halo purists who loved the single player almost immediately cried out about how much of a shambles the single player campaign was, the game's SP turned out not much fun when the campaign was just a random mess of events that didn't seem to follow each other much, plus, Master Chief, the main PROTANGIST of Halo was playable for about 1/3 of the game, the other 2/3 was spent playing as the lifeless Arbiter in poorly designed samey levels over and over between the Covenant Civil War.. which whilst was a good addition to the game to stop this whole MC thing from going stale didn't really make much sense. Then it gets worse, when you realize the game ends on a cliffhanger, 3 years later... the much heavily hyped sequel Halo 3 gets released to disapointment, another poor attempt at a SP campaign that obviously suffers from story problems and drags on random events, and for last minute garnered attention, several main characters from Halo 1 and 2 are killed off. and so many people have died your just like "god another silly death sequence" with a character, not to mention that inbetween these cutscenes don't do much to gather any attention from the player itself as they always feel lifeless, especially how the protangist your playing as is basically a emotionless robot, then monitor comes out of nowhere and questions you for doing what you wanted him to do (?) and kills Johnson. Then cue a Halo-1 style endgame where you drive the warthog.. although this was fun. Fly into the frigate and watch a pretty poor ending to a once-promising trilogy of games that pretty much launched Microsoft into the console industry.

Then they can carry on milking the franchise with other poor attempts at bringing this story back from the dead with Halo Wars.

Sorry, but Halo 3 isnt really a good game, by the time Halo 3 was released, Halo was already a dead horse and the critical failure of Halo 2 already dealt too much damage.

dragonball345

Post by dragonball345 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:09 pm

LoyalistRevolt wrote:Get the 360 most games are out for both systems but they run smother and look better on the 360. Yea the online for the PS3 is free but it is riddled with lag and the components for it cost extra unlike the 360 where everything comes in a box you just have to pay for online.....If you really want a PS3 wait until mid july when it will be 299.
Never have lag online with cod. so uhhhh no lag maybe other games but I've played a lot and none had lag.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:29 pm

Some PS3 games have problems with lag before but a lot of that has been corrected, games in question were Call of Duty 4 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (great game btw).

You have to pay for stuff like Bluetooth Headset, but I dont mind paying slightly extra for that when I know it's gonna be so much better than the cheap crap one Microsoft provide, and don't deny it, Microsoft Headsets for 360 (especially wired) are the most overpriced cheaply made pieces of crap ever, and the voice quality is so bad I cant understand anyone on it.

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:14 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:
Black Six wrote:Negative Creep, while I respect your opinion that you prefer the PS3, don't make blanket statements like 'halo 3 is a poor game.' As Jones said, there's a few million people out there that disagree with you. If you don't like that style of FPS fine. Personally, I think Halo 3 and GoW are lots of fun, so it all depends on the individual.

The Halo series in general hasn't made a steady decline, it went down like a popped balloon. Bungie had a gem on their hands with the original Halo, and whilst sharing many similarties to the Marathon series (by the same Developer), it did something nobody else did good before... a console FPS (bar Medal of Honor), with an original and decent storyline that evolved well introducing the flood mid-game, but then, as soon as Bungie/Microsoft knew they had the customers/fanbase in the palm of their hands, they decided that putting effort and work into the entire series would be over-sufficent, so they made Halo 2, which rode almost directly on it's much-hyped Xbox Live modes, whilst halo purists who loved the single player almost immediately cried out about how much of a shambles the single player campaign was, the game's SP turned out not much fun when the campaign was just a random mess of events that didn't seem to follow each other much, plus, Master Chief, the main PROTANGIST of Halo was playable for about 1/3 of the game, the other 2/3 was spent playing as the lifeless Arbiter in poorly designed samey levels over and over between the Covenant Civil War.. which whilst was a good addition to the game to stop this whole MC thing from going stale didn't really make much sense. Then it gets worse, when you realize the game ends on a cliffhanger, 3 years later... the much heavily hyped sequel Halo 3 gets released to disapointment, another poor attempt at a SP campaign that obviously suffers from story problems and drags on random events, and for last minute garnered attention, several main characters from Halo 1 and 2 are killed off. and so many people have died your just like "god another silly death sequence" with a character, not to mention that inbetween these cutscenes don't do much to gather any attention from the player itself as they always feel lifeless, especially how the protangist your playing as is basically a emotionless robot, then monitor comes out of nowhere and questions you for doing what you wanted him to do (?) and kills Johnson. Then cue a Halo-1 style endgame where you drive the warthog.. although this was fun. Fly into the frigate and watch a pretty poor ending to a once-promising trilogy of games that pretty much launched Microsoft into the console industry.

Then they can carry on milking the franchise with other poor attempts at bringing this story back from the dead with Halo Wars.

Sorry, but Halo 3 isnt really a good game, by the time Halo 3 was released, Halo was already a dead horse and the critical failure of Halo 2 already dealt too much damage.
Again, all your opinion. I really enjoyed the original Halo for many of the reasons you mentioned, as well as the fun LAN parties many of my friends and I had. I agree Halo 2's story was a disappointment, but I did enjoy the multiplayer for a while. It got old after a bit. I think for Halo 3 they did a lot of things right though, as I enjoy both the single player and multiplayer modes a lot more than I did for Halo 2. I think it's a great game and a decent end to the trilogy.

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:03 am

/me nominates Black Six for benheck Member of the Year(s) award

Seriously, dude, you're awesome.

I agree with one of your earlier posts here.....find the console that has the most games you (OP) think you might like and buy it. If you think you might want a blu-ray player, factor that into your decision. I personally would buy the 360 (and have :P). While I think the PS3 is shaping up to be a superb console (bolstered by the fact that blu-ray won), the 360 undoubtedly has a large amount of good games. The whole presentation of the system (XBL, dashboard, console/controller design, etc.) is more appealing to me than the PS3, as well.

Just some food for thought :).
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Just a tip for you guys. The xbox 360 does NOT support 1080p. Just 1080i.

Heck, Im grabbing a ps3 asap. I'm getting it for Home and MGO. (Oh man. Home looks great, It got delayed to november, but maybe I'll get picked for a beta. Just maybe.)

The PS3 has a lot of raw computing power. You can do a lot with its hardware if you know how.

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:39 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:Just a tip for you guys. The xbox 360 does NOT support 1080p. Just 1080i.
Incorrect. All HDMI-enabled 360's (which is anything you can buy in the stores these days) can output 1080p. This also includes all Elite models ever produced.

5M05H13

Post by 5M05H13 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:08 am

this is the exact same problem im having although i think i have concluded to getting both but getting the 360 first :wink:
My PCs Specs:
AMD 4800+ (2.5Ghz Dual Core)
2GB RAM (2x1GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT (512MB)
320GB of Storage (1x160GB. 2x80GB)
LG DVD Burner
860W PSU
LG 19" Widescreen DVI and VGA LCD Monitor (1440x900)
Logitech X530 5.1 Sound System