PS3 Laptop Mod

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

shameless

Post by shameless » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:34 pm

More pictures, the ones with solid black bars are the rough idea of how placement will be inside the case.

This next one is my finalized design for the front. Seems like there's a lot of empty space on it, maybe I'll get to make it thinner than I thought I would.

These two are my different ideas for the LEFT side, the entire thing is going to be vent holes, because I have nothing else to put over there, and the more ventilation the better. Feedback on which one you like better would be nice, I can't decide.

The original idea

The more ventilation idea

Thoughts?

EDIT: Sorry, it's been a long couple weeks, so I haven't had any time to work on this any. My job starts in about a month or so now, so hopefully tthis will get off the ground soon. I've got my hands on some Solidworks, so I'll be scratching things up in there, since up till now I've been doing stuff in GIMP. I'm going to pick up an old ammo box from an army surplus store and study that design, see if I can't figure out how I'm going to seal up an all metal box. I've decided on the slightly tannish-olive drab color if i can find it or get it in a metal paint, if not I'll just go with the straight olive drab. Going to put the startup "star in the chevron" icon on the back of the screen, and I'm going to try and cheat and use a USB scilicon keyboard instead of figuring out where to get a laptop keyboard or how to wire it in. Ben's "Making Of" article should help me out a lot, and I'll probably more or less steal the sound exactly as is, and make the knob go up to 11.
I woke up this morning.
There were dead pixels in the sky.