x box 360 labtop with 22 in screen

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

tswen24
x box 360 labtop with 22 in screen

Post by tswen24 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:05 am

Hey guys,
I am in the process of making a x box 360 laptop.

I am using a

premium x box 360
the ViewSonic VX2235wm 22" Monitor LCD
Heads up to other tinker trying to build a x box 360 laptop
Monitor the power board and the video audio board are not on the same chip so you dont have to cut it half like ben did
case plans
I plan to make a case out of fiber glass. I have some experience with this fiber glass and I none the less hate it lol :P I plan to make a case mold out of clay and go from there.

Since the laptop body is going to be so big because of 22 in screen I want to internalize the brick power supply if possible and I also want to make it under 3ins wide.

Question

Will I get better video picture if I wire the input to the Dvi then VGA the monitors has both?
With all the extra room should I put in the HD dvd player into the design?
Internalizing the brick power will it cause a heat issue?
Any comments or question please ask?

Ps pictures should be up on Sunday

MasterPrime

Post by MasterPrime » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:57 pm

what was your parts cost?

tswen24

Post by tswen24 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:34 pm

I had the monitor but it for keeping the books on this project the eBay value is 230. I got the x box 360 for 85 with power brick, hard drive, av cables and a bk game I just have to fix the DVD drive the lens is startched that going to cost me about 30 ish I am shopping around for it thou.

I figure the case it going to cost around 75 ish and about like and mad hours of work. sanding ,sanding and sanding lol priming and then painting.

I trying to keep it low budget as I can that why i am using the 22in In an asset of mine so I don't have to put out money.
truthfully If it comes out well I would love to make a couple to sell this stuff is fun to me

craigslist great for monitors you can get 17 to 19 for like 95-150
[/url]http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites.html[url] picture of the lcd boards [url=http:// ... .jpg[/img][/url][/url]

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:39 am

1. Yes. DVI is digital, VGA is analog. Digital will always be better than analog in terms of A/V connections.
2. No. HD-DVD has already died. Toshiba dropped it. :?
3. No. Not compared to the rest of the heat you'll have to sink in there, anyway.

tswen24

Post by tswen24 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:10 pm

Yea I figured that, but my system has the Anna chip I know Dvi better quality, but I don't no if the chip will dumb it down.

other thoughts

condensing the x box 360 DVD drive to make a laptop don't have it rise up but be stanaray like a laptop I figure it would take about 1/2 in off.

I pick up this multi tap plug from game stop good buy. for 15 dollars it comes with hi def wire port, vga, composite, optic and s video plus it came with two fans already gutted it out of the plastic. and did I mention it already wire to the x box 360 av port and selector switch. more picture soon when I have more to show.

sorry for any grammar in the past or future.

adrian_1212@

Re: x box 360 labtop with 22 in screen

Post by adrian_1212@ » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:30 pm

tswen24 wrote:Hey guys,
I am in the process of making a x box 360 laptop.

I am using a

premium x box 360
the ViewSonic VX2235wm 22" Monitor LCD
Heads up to other tinker trying to build a x box 360 laptop
Monitor the power board and the video audio board are not on the same chip so you dont have to cut it half like ben did
case plans
I plan to make a case out of fiber glass. I have some experience with this fiber glass and I none the less hate it lol :P I plan to make a case mold out of clay and go from there.

Since the laptop body is going to be so big because of 22 in screen I want to internalize the brick power supply if possible and I also want to make it under 3ins wide.

Question

Will I get better video picture if I wire the input to the Dvi then VGA the monitors has both?
With all the extra room should I put in the HD dvd player into the design?
Internalizing the brick power will it cause a heat issue?
Any comments or question please ask?

Ps pictures should be up on Sunday
good luck it sounds sick nasty wen i get more practice with electronics im gonna try this too

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Electric Rain wrote: 2. No. HD-DVD has already died. Toshiba dropped it. :?
If he wants to add the HD-DVD Player to it and has the movies. I see no reason why he can't have it in there size willing.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P