Super Mario Galaxy!

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:53 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:According to the Sunday flyers, Target, Circuit City, Best Buy, and all the other stores around me except Wally World are getting it on either Tuesday or Wednesday. But, that Wally World ad also claims that they will have Brawl on 12/3, I'm going to have to call them to confirm that Galaxy will actually be available tomorrow. Wish me luck.
How'd it go? I don't have any Wally Worlds around here, but if they're getting it Monday, that means I haven't lost all hope for getting it on the day it's supposed to be out. :x
Motoman wrote:I'm not sure if this is only a regional promotion or not, but the weekly Toys R Us advertisements state that they're handing out a $25 gift card with each purchase of Super Mario Galaxy. Just a heads up guys.
Really? That almost sounds too good to be true, $25 per purchase would be a lot out of Toys R Us' pocket. Where are you at, exactly? Judging by the "down.....THERE" location and the Kangaroo avatar, I'm guessing Australia, but I've been wrong before. :wink:

CTFan

Motoman

Post by Motoman » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:30 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:
Motoman wrote:I'm not sure if this is only a regional promotion or not, but the weekly Toys R Us advertisements state that they're handing out a $25 gift card with each purchase of Super Mario Galaxy. Just a heads up guys.
Really? That almost sounds too good to be true, $25 per purchase would be a lot out of Toys R Us' pocket. Where are you at, exactly? Judging by the "down.....THERE" location and the Kangaroo avatar, I'm guessing Australia, but I've been wrong before. :wink:

CTFan
Nope, not Australia, but dont worry your're only off by about......oh....HALF THE GLOBE :P . I'm currently situated in Illinois. The "Somewhere down there!" statement is a reference to a scene from Spaceballs (a fantastic film, I might add) while the avatar, well, I just find it quite hilarious. If you'd like, I could scan a copy of the advertisement to display here.

***EDIT***
Ta-da! Here you go.

"Living After Midnight"

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:50 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:
lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:According to the Sunday flyers, Target, Circuit City, Best Buy, and all the other stores around me except Wally World are getting it on either Tuesday or Wednesday. But, that Wally World ad also claims that they will have Brawl on 12/3, I'm going to have to call them to confirm that Galaxy will actually be available tomorrow. Wish me luck.
How'd it go? I don't have any Wally Worlds around here, but if they're getting it Monday, that means I haven't lost all hope for getting it on the day it's supposed to be out. :x
Called my Wally World. Galaxy is in stock. I will go buy it in a little while.

EDIT: Got it! Will open now, and don't expect to hear from me for awhile. :P
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:53 pm

grrr you guys get it early. It really doenst come out till the 14th.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:57 pm

Lucky bastard! :) Mario just called me an hour or so ago to let me know "it’s-a going to be here tomorrow at your local GameStop." :lol: I can't wait! Even though I'll probably wait until Thursday, the start of a 3-day weekend for me, to get started, I'll probably play it a bit before then, if I can knock off this homework load in time.

CTFan

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:01 pm

i got it too. its amazing. must buy. will post a hands-on on my blog later

EDIT: Not trying to advertise, just wanted to show my hands on. It's easier to just post the link

http://techguyjoe.wordpress.com/

Edit by mod: Don't create threads relating to already existing, active topics.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:14 pm

Ya I got it a few hours ago and I am already sunk in to the game. AMAZING!!

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:31 am

Geez if I wanted to play it I'd have to go sink the money for an entire system since I don't have a Wii... Well, I WAS waiting until they had a larger library of games I wanted to play. Does Blockbuster still rent out entire game systems, or did they stop that years ago? The last time I saw somebody rent a system from them was back in the SNES days so I may be behind the times on that one.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:28 pm

You can probably rent a Wii from a local rental center, if they rent out electronics. But renting is such a waste, just save your cash and get the actual system.

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:15 pm

did any yall like my handson?

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:13 pm

Just got it. This game is INCREDIBLE! :D Could possibly be one of the greatest games of all time, it's that good. Probably won't be posting much for the next week or so.

Though did anyone else get a second GameStop call after the Mario one? I got the normal automated voice, but it said Galaxy would be coming out tomorrow, not today, and that it was rated "M" for Mature and that I needed to be 17 or older to purchase it. :lol:

CTFan

jedi knight

Post by jedi knight » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:08 pm

I'll be picking up this game later in the week. I can't wait!
Meh, I don't post much.

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:41 pm

Been playing this yesterday and today, and it is AMAZING! You owe it to yourself to play this game if you own a Wii. If you don't have one, get one. :P

Seriously though, Galaxy is amazing. The graphics look perfect, it gives the same feel of Mario 64 with everything improved. It's everything Sunshine should have been (not to diss Sunshine, I still like the game a lot).

I'd say more, but I'm too eager to go back to playing it! Kthxbye
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:54 pm

Best game I have played this year. It beats GoW, HL:2 ep2, and even gasp* Bioshock.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:22 pm

I'm up to 45 stars, holding myself back. :lol: