From PS2 to GameCube

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

r3ap3r
From PS2 to GameCube

Post by r3ap3r » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:23 am

Ok sorry about the title it doesnt say much. I have been bored at the moment with my PS2 Laptop and GC Laptop on hold until more parts arrive (my secret projects have been revealed). And i thought i might do some more programming as i have done much of that recently. My question is What would i need to do to convert Grand Theft Auto 3 to GameCube, as they are on PS2 and XBOX i thought, why not be on the good old "Cube". This has been on my mind for quite some time and i thought i might ask and see if anyone has any idea, because im up for a challenge. For those still wondering bout the PS2 and GC laptops i have been working on them for a while now and the PS2 laptop is about 85% complete while the GC one is about 40% and dont worry i have taken lots of progress pics but i will only show them when its complete well the PS2 Laptop i might show earlier but not the Gamecube one because im very pleased with how small i have gotten it down to, enough about that. So if anyone could aid me in this endevour then i would be grateful. Cheers^_^

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:30 am

Completely reprogram the game. Seriously don't even try.

Lorelis-san

Post by Lorelis-san » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:36 am

The closest you're gonna get is to make a GC to PS2 controller convertor, it's impossible to convert it to GC unless you're a coder. And even then, it'd take months.

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:13 pm

the way they do it in industry is to recompile the source on the SDK for the system they are porting it to. You dont have the source or the SDK (I have a wii SDK if anyones interested) so Id say its pretty impossible.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

r3ap3r

Post by r3ap3r » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:22 am

I have the SDK for Gamecube and PS2, and also i have months of time on my hands. I'll have a look into it more and i'll evaluate the situation. Anyway i will be back in a couple of hours i need to go buy another GameCube i just fried my 3rd GC in 2 Months, Man im having fun :roll: . Well until later. Cheers^_^