Online Gamecube games??

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Nonsense Man
Online Gamecube games??

Post by Nonsense Man » Sun May 27, 2007 11:01 pm

Are there any online Gamecube games other than Phantasy Star Online 1/2 because I am thinking of possibly making a GCP and was wondering if I should include the broadband/modem adapter.

r3ap3r

Post by r3ap3r » Mon May 28, 2007 1:02 am

Here you go i did a quick search:
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/9499
Cheers^_^

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Mon May 28, 2007 5:27 am

Ah yes... Warp Pipe. I've forgotten all about that. But really, even with the ability to play LAN games online, there are just too few to bother, IMO. I, personally, am not going to build a broadband adapter into my GC laptop.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:04 am

kirby's airride, mario kart I think plays online.
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

gannon

Post by gannon » Mon May 28, 2007 8:18 am

Anyone know if (or if it's planned to be done in an update) the wii can have the wifi act as a BBA for gamecube games?

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Mon May 28, 2007 9:17 am

i believe that there were only ever 3 LAN games and one online game. its probably not worth it.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Mon May 28, 2007 3:30 pm

timmeh87 wrote:i believe that there were only ever 3 LAN games and one online game.
Correct. The page r3ap3r linked to says these games are:

Kirby's Air Ride
1080: Avalanche
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

I own KAR and DD, so I can vouch for the fact that these are LAN ONLY, not online; thus the existence of Pipe Warp. :wink: But... really, it's still not worth it, I don't think. The only actual online game is PS, so that only adds up to four anyway. :?

Edit: Er, there are actually multiple PS games on the 'cube now that I think about it... I'm not sure how many though... 3? Dunno... but you get the point, anyway.

extremesonic

Post by extremesonic » Tue May 29, 2007 4:11 pm

Well if you want to get technical. All gamecube games are online, very few seem to work well.

Besides the previously mentioned PSO, and the LAN games MK:DD, 1080 and Kirby's Air Ride, Smash Bros.: Melee and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle both work quite well online, however its a taaaaaad more complicated than the other 4.

http://www.fuzziqersoftware.com/projects.html
SNESp - 100%
Protable X - 15% - I need money :(

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Tue May 29, 2007 6:48 pm

Yeah, I read about the script that one guy wrote to play SSBM over the net. I actually saw it first on Youtube. Sounds like fun, but it's a lot of work, it's very, very beta, and EVERYONE will probably be switching to Brawl when it comes out... which is going to be soon. Besides, it's not like there's a lobby or anything like that; it'd be hard to find someone else to play with, unless it was a friend that also plays SSBM, has a broadband adapter, has the ability to set up the script, has the ambition to set up the script and also has the correct version of SSBM, which you both need, actually. I dunno... it's not really worth it to me. :? It's really sweet though.