Thinking of a cool ds mod for my ds

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

dshacker
Thinking of a cool ds mod for my ds

Post by dshacker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:47 pm

Well I was putting thought into this. Anyways, there's this one verison phone that can flip up like a normal phone, but if you close it, and turn it one is side and lift up the screen, it can be used to text messageing, so maybe what I could do is do that, so that the top screen is for the GBA, that's for when you flip it up, then if you flip it up on it's side, it can be used to ds play. I think that this would be cool, cause ill design it, then Ill modify it so I know how far I can flip it up like a phone. Ill let you know how this turns out, but I think that it'll fun, but chalenging. Ill get pics when one, my dad's cannon camera comes, and two, when I design it with google skech.

khaag

Post by khaag » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:28 pm

Yeah a visual of what you are thinking about would help us to see your idea. Sounds cool though, good luck! :D
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

dshacker

Post by dshacker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:07 pm

yea, it does sound cool, it's going to be a lot of work, but what I wanted to do was re-wire and trace route all of the parts of the board, but tha's hard as hell since the trace routes are small. Anyways, this weekend ill start to sand down some extra parts, then make my casing, but before the casing, a 3D design andd how I am going to fit all of the parts inside and how it's going to flip the way I want it to. Well, good night for now. Also, if te project goes well, Ill sell the casing for yourself. BUT JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, this is a ds lite board, so itll be different from the reg. ds style unless I finish this project, if I do, then I might do the regular ds board.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:26 pm

I think I understand the cell phone thing (seems really complicated though), but I need help understanding what you want to do, pictures help.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:02 am

I can get a dummy DS lite.. It comes with a blank motherboard..

If you're planning to trace everything, I could scan in the board and colour code everything. From there you could probably engineer your own board to do what you want.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

dshacker

Post by dshacker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:14 pm

well I abanded the ds lite, so instead I am going with the reg. ds board since the top screen ribbon cable is longer, Ill get pics up soon since my dad's cannon camera came, my dad got his income tax, and we bought a mac, a cannon printer, a cannon camera, and pro tools

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:38 pm

im thinking of a cool ds mod for my xbox :lol: the titles a little redundant but your idea sounds cool sounds like a lot of work though
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

dshacker

Post by dshacker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:31 pm

yea well, anyways, I am going to design the 3d part soon. Then Ill take a pic with my dad's camera