Xzellent Xbox Games

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...
Xzellent Xbox Games

Post by Darth Fett » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:46 pm

Howdy Benheckers!My brother got a X-box 360, and is giving me and my younger siblings his old X-box!So what are some Xzellent X-box games?None of us can play rated M games, so don't even bother recommending Ninja Gaiden or Halo( :cry: ).My favorite genres are RPGs and fighters, and most of my brothers like shooters.Recommend away! :D
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:54 pm

Modd the xbox and copy halo to the hard drive , so there is never a disk to incrminate yourself with.

But I think the best thing to do would be to mod it. Or sell it to me.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:48 pm

well good luck, ther are little to no rpgs for xbox, mainly cause its an american based console, and most fighting games suck, except for mabey soul caliber 2.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:59 pm

Good luck finding a worthwhile non M game on the Xbox.

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:19 pm

Jongamer wrote:well good luck, ther are little to no rpgs for xbox, mainly cause its an american based console, and most fighting games suck, except for mabey soul caliber 2.
soul caliber 2 was better on the gamecube anyways :D.

Theres always fable.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

Xiro

Post by Xiro » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:05 am

Fable is M, but i think Morrowind is only T, or atleast an early version of it was
sam fisher wrote:Are you implying that you, the SnesP shuriken throwing ninja, are a programmer?

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Err, get the game Dead or A-wait, that's M...err...Hal-, that's M...uh...Fabl-, that's M...errr....seriously the XBOX only has killer M games...just prove to your parent that you are mature enough to handle the content. Also, get Shenmue 2, it kicks ass as Gamer2 will agree with :wink:
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:25 pm

or instead of letting you parents blindly filter games by m-ness, why dont you let them experience the games and decide for themselves. a lot of m games dont actually have any m content at all. like halo. its no worse than 007 was, the blood just looks more real.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:47 pm

Jongamer wrote:well good luck, ther are little to no rpgs for xbox, mainly cause its an american based console, and most fighting games suck, except for mabey soul caliber 2.
wouldnt fable be considered a rpg? Star Wars KOTR? Shenmue 2? Come on! There has to be some rpgs on the xbox :roll:

official xbox fiend

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:33 am

To Timmeh87 and Demonofaj:Believe me, I've tried. :( They seem to think that all M games are going to have naked people running around.
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:11 am

You could try the 2 X-men Legends (kind of like a hack and smash RPG) and the 2 Star Wars Battlefront (shooters of course) games. All 4 of them are rated Teen and they all rock! Those who say there are no good non-M rated games for Xbox just aren't looking.

Personally, I enjoyed all of these games way more than Halo. Especially SW Battlefront 2. You can probably find all of them cheap at used places which is even better yet. :D

For more of an RPG type experience you could go with the 2 Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (Teen) games. Both of those were a lot of fun to play through. Plus, you can play how you want (dark or light side) which changes how the game plays out.

If you want something Halo-ish you could try out Republic Commando (Teen). I didn't get into this one as much. Maybe because it reminded me of Halo.

Oh and there are always the Lego Star Wars (Everyone) games. Yeah, I'm not a Star Wars junkie or anything. :lol:

In compiling this brief list I have found that the Xbox was apparently the "Star Wars System" for me. In my case, that's not a bad thing though. 8)
Last edited by jones on Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rellizate

Post by Rellizate » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:59 am

timmeh87 wrote: the blood just looks more real.
Errrm the blood is green in halo...

Anyway, softmod it!

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:45 pm

Rellizate wrote:
timmeh87 wrote: the blood just looks more real.
Errrm the blood is green in halo...
Not if you're shooting other Spartans on multiplayer (especially with the shotgun).