Dead rising.

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

jgibson

Post by jgibson » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:44 am

I love Dead Rising, but I am having some problems difusing the bombs that Carlito set in the underbelly of the mall. There is a car and a motorcycle at the entrance, but only the motorcycle fits. Is there a way to get the car down there? Also, once I difuse one bomb, Carlito comes and kills me everytime. Any tips?
Life is a lot like a video game without the extra lives and continues.

Ness

Post by Ness » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 am

Yes, you can only fit the bike, however, there is also a car and a truck in the maintenance area. the truck is all the way in the top left, and the car is in the east most spot (in the middle).

If you have the maintenance key, use that to go up the stairs and back into the mall and help get rid of carlos for a bit. That, or us an elevator and run back down the stairs avoiding the zombies there.

While down there, if you lose your vehicle, grab a shopping cart as it'll let you run at max speed and it'll push the zombies away too. As for Carlos, just keep swaying back and forth til you can get to a stairway/elevator (yellow symbols on the map).

If you have two shotguns (one is fine but two is better), then use that on carlos until he loses his energy and that'll permenitly rid him of the tunnels.
Future WIP - X360L

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:07 am

I found that untoucheble juice was pretty handy to. Just mix some pie with o.j. in the blender. :wink: (o.j.=orange juice)

jgibson

Post by jgibson » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:32 pm

Cool thanks guys. I will try your suggestions when I get home from work. :D
Life is a lot like a video game without the extra lives and continues.

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:25 pm

jgibson wrote:Cool thanks guys. I will try your suggestions when I get home from work. :D
Good luck to you! Let us know if you run into anymore snags.

Ness

Post by Ness » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:39 pm

quickspeed is awesome as well!!! Nectar + milk or icecream....super speeeeed!!! =P

Finally got the zombie genocide achievement!!! :D Now...just need to wait a few more hours but I'm in school right now so I cannot finish til I get home tonight. Booo!!!

Right now, I have 30 achievements I believe (600/1000). Gonna get the horrible inside and outside achievements next. Its real boring waiting for about 2 hours to get ONE of these acheivements...funny thing though! I got the car airborne trick by accident. I was in the truck, ran over a shopping cart and it kept my high enough to get the achievement. Strange...now if only I could do the same for the stupid bike!!!
Future WIP - X360L

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:38 am

Ness wrote:quickspeed is awesome as well!!! Nectar + milk or icecream....super speeeeed!!! =P

Finally got the zombie genocide achievement!!! :D Now...just need to wait a few more hours but I'm in school right now so I cannot finish til I get home tonight. Booo!!!

Right now, I have 30 achievements I believe (600/1000). Gonna get the horrible inside and outside achievements next. Its real boring waiting for about 2 hours to get ONE of these acheivements...funny thing though! I got the car airborne trick by accident. I was in the truck, ran over a shopping cart and it kept my high enough to get the achievement. Strange...now if only I could do the same for the stupid bike!!!
That's exactly the same way I got the airborne achievement. I was down in the tunnels and hit a shopping cart and voila: Achievement! I likewise have not managed to get the motorcycle one. Not like I've been trying though. Maybe not trying is the key though! :lol:

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:19 pm

Should I make an xbox live thread. So people can add each other?

Ness

Post by Ness » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:39 pm

That wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion. The 360 is beginning to grow bigger with each passing day so you never know...we might have a bunch of 360 players already here to begin with.

Gotta run now...a wedding to attend tonight and i'm not even close to getting ready.

Also, just picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Phantasy Star Universe...both very good in my opinion.
Future WIP - X360L

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:59 pm

jeroen wrote:Should I make an xbox live thread. So people can add each other?
Sounds like a great idea! :D
Ness wrote:Also, just picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Phantasy Star Universe...both very good in my opinion.
I just picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance as well. I don't know if it is as good as the 2 X-men Legends games, but it's growing on me. :) It is pretty sweet getting to use Captain America, Spider-Man, and The Thing in addition to Wolverine and the gang of X-men.

Enjoy the wedding!

Ness

Post by Ness » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:51 pm

What a HORRIBLE wedding...oh well!

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: VERY good now! I just got to act 2 this morning. Having fun playing it more and more.

Right now, my team is (from left to right): Iron Man, Spider Man, Wolverine, and Deadpool.

I wanna use Ghost Rider later and probably switch someone up for Blade, if he is good that is.

Dead Rising Update!
Finally got the REAL mega buster...sweet weapon. Helps out a lot in conjunction with the small chainsaws (adams). Got the karate champ achievement...working on saving all 50 people and so far, so good!!! =)
Future WIP - X360L

dj-spuddy

Post by dj-spuddy » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:53 am

Well after a week of waiting for my 360 to be repaired I finnally got it back and they've replaced it. I have just started playing dead rising and it is definitely a fantastic game. Oh and yes I think everyone should post there gamertags. Mine is Djspuddy.
Meh... So I don't post much?

Me =
Here