The ultimate battery

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot
The ultimate battery

Post by JackFrost22 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:03 pm

This would be the best for a portable.
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/power-paper.htm

Link89

Post by Link89 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:06 pm

Sweet, those batteries would be awesome for portables. Where can you buy them? 8 of them would power most portables too.

gannon

Post by gannon » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:07 pm

If you look at the amount of mA it holds its really not very economic for large draw systems, especially since it's non-rechargable.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:14 pm

That reminds me of a battery system I saw: it keeps cell phones and things like that running for years and all it takes to run is a squirt of lighter fluid. (something like that, but it was really amazing)
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:23 pm

yeah, like gannon said they don't hold enough power and aren't rechargeable so they would not provide much use for portables.
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:23 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:That reminds me of a battery system I saw: it keeps cell phones and things like that running for years and all it takes to run is a squirt of lighter fluid. (something like that, but it was really amazing)
Sounds like either a small gas-electric motor or a fuel cell working off of hydro-carbons. Personally I'd love to have something like this run a portable or laptop, oh power's low *pull out some lighter fluid and squirts some in* there all good.

As for the paper batteries, nice. Thin, light they could power furture things like walkmans and what not. But until they hold atleast 2000mA your going to have to look at lithium-poly, thier suprisingly thin for how much power they hold.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:11 pm

Yeah, I was researching too with li-poly batteries. They're actually called lithium ion polymer batteries. They are a mix between lithium ion and lithium polymer cells. The reason for this is that true lithium polymer batteries use dry alkaline instead of liquid, but for a suitable exchange they need to be heated to 160F.
They decided to add an alkaline gel to increase the exchange at a lower temperature untill a suitable dry alkaline is formed. Once that is done, true li-poly batteries can be used which are smaller and even lighter.

someone128

paper power

Post by someone128 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:31 pm

maybe the paper battery will have more mA if you stack one on top of another so the + thing is touching another + thing and the - thing is touching another - thin and so on.

maybe

someone128 :?