new GCp

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:19 am

The E3 Wii remotes where powered externally.

When they're launched, they'll have (I forget how many) AA's. This will add plenty of weight...

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:30 am

I think the cheapest thing I can do for now is miniaturize the gamecube. Cheapest option I've got so far. Maybe people will female of the dog species less about that.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

Xiro

Post by Xiro » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:52 am

EnterTheHatrix wrote:I think the cheapest thing I can do for now is miniaturize the gamecube. Cheapest option I've got so far. Maybe people will female of the dog species less about that.
or you could make an N64 and sell it to said poster.

Seriously, N64's are so hot right now. dkap is working on one, the L64 got lots of diggs, Ben priced his at 900 dollars, etc..

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:08 pm

N64's are incredibly expensive here right now. They cost £30. That's how much I get Gamecubes for.

Pricing it is one thing, selling it is another. Since I have a spare Gamecube, I may aswell miniaturize it. I could work it into a mod providing the screen works on NTSC though (the cube is NTSC).
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:00 pm

Do you guys think I should cut off the excess at the bottom and make it smaller? It means I'd have to respray but it gives me a chance to perfect the small uglies it has. Opinions...

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:23 pm

i think it looks pretty good and cracks like that happen, as long as the case is still strong i think its fine
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:13 am

The cracks aren't serious. Structurally it's sound. And I can reinforce that if I make it smaller. I ran out of paint when it came to spraying over the areas I started filling in at the seems. I might leave it then. Removing a few inches of plastic all round isn't going to cut too much weight from it.

hmm, I'm torn between the two decisions, thinking about it, it would deduct weight.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:33 am

I've decided to revisit my handheld Gamecube whilst I'm bored of trying to desolder dozens of holes.

As you can see, there's a big empty cavity below the Gamecube. This was so I could use the original handle on the case as a stand, but now I've decided to get rid of it.

That's a lot of plastic to remove and reconstruct.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:26 am

Neat.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kyosho
Portablizer

Post by Kyosho » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:25 pm

Then again, that's a lot of space with which you could fill with batteries. Should you want to.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:36 pm

Not quite. I'd need to bulk up to fit the batteries in, that section is too thin for batteries.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:01 pm

Not Li-ions.

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:52 pm

i used some li-polys in my GCp and they fit almost anywhere, and i get a great playtime with them
snesp mk4

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:54 am

Costs? sizes for Li-poly / ions? Pro's and cons of using them?

Would I have room to fit them in the cavity on the left of the picture?

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:26 am

check out www.batteryspace.com

i bought some with 5.6Amps there is the dimensions of every li-poly they have on ther sight so you can kinda tell if they will fit before hand

it would cost you around 120$ for 4 of the 5.6Amp batteries a protection circuit and a smart charger (which allows you to play and charge at the same time

they also have protecion circuits with optional battery meters so you can tell how much power you have left

cons of these are
-the price

pros
small
lightweight
powerful
can charge and play at same time

here are some links
5.6A batteries
2.5 Amps these are less powerful but i have also used these and they are much smaller

protection circuits your gonna need one of these if you want to use the fuel gauge you need to buy a different one on the site

and your gonna need this charger you can buy ones that charge faster but this one was the cheapest and is the one i use
snesp mk4