new GCp

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:57 am

Get a verge or zenith screen.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:12 am

When I get a Wii, my goal will be size, so I'll definitely switch to a thinner screen. 4gamers sucks!
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:21 am

EnterTheHatrix wrote:
Any tips on making the Gamecube parts smaller?
i noticed you used all the wires to relocate the PSU, you can get by with only 5 if you check the second page of the sticky, you could also totally remove the second memcard port, im not sure how much room these would save but getting rid of the second memcard port took up a little less room for me
there really isnt to much else you could do other than wiring the cd reader on to make it thinner
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:07 am

Grinding down the Heat Sink and making the DVD unit's board connector smaller could save about 2cm max..
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.

Nonsense Man

Post by Nonsense Man » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:34 pm

I want to see your Nes Gamecube.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:26 pm

Nonsense Man wrote:I want to see your Nes Gamecube.
I've taken it apart for parts now.

But I'll get you the link.

http://n-central.com/modules/news/artic ... toryid=665

Oh, on the subject of my cube; if any of you wonder where the Start button is, it's on the left shoulder.

Nonsense Man

Post by Nonsense Man » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:47 pm

Whoh that thing is awesome :D

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:48 pm

Nice work my man. It looks cool.

Welcome to the forums.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:49 pm

great lookin GC
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:55 pm

Thanks, I've bookmarked this place.

EDIT:

I've taken some measurements and I can actually fit a cluster of rechargable batteries in the left cavity below the controller, but the main reasons I'm not including batteries still stands as;

1. Adds an extra 600 grams approx to the weight. So if I have a power point handy, at least I can use that and save myself 600grams of strain.

2. It can always be added to the 12v power port and sit on a table or even clip to the cube itself.

3. Batteries blow up (as some of you know). A bad circuit and I can kiss my work goodbye.

But even out in the open, I could have a sack containing the battery pack and games (since I'll be needing a sack anyway to transport the cube from A to B). Portability is completely possible.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:28 pm

EnterTheHatrix wrote:Thanks, I've bookmarked this place.

EDIT:

I've taken some measurements and I can actually fit a cluster of rechargable batteries in the left cavity below the controller, but the main reasons I'm not including batteries still stands as;

1. Adds an extra 600 grams approx to the weight. So if I have a power point handy, at least I can use that and save myself 600grams of strain.

2. It can always be added to the 12v power port and sit on a table or even clip to the cube itself.

3. Batteries blow up (as some of you know). A bad circuit and I can kiss my work goodbye.

But even out in the open, I could have a sack containing the battery pack and games (since I'll be needing a sack anyway to transport the cube from A to B). Portability is completely possible.
Well, only lithium-type batteries are prone to such explosion, you'd have to REALLY suck if you were to make a Ni-MH battery explode. Which brings me to my next point: You should use a Ni-MH battery! Even if you think it would add weight, if strategically positioned, it wouldn't feel like anything was really added at all. You could also make it in pack form, like SegaSonicFan did with his PSTwoP.

As for making it smaller, definitely get a smaller screen. I believe that Zenith made their line of GC, PS2, and Xbox screens in the UK as well, and they are exactly the same (well, almost) to a PSOne screen. You should also talk to a guy here named Gamelver. He made the first GCp, and it was really small and kickass. He could probably help you more than I; I only portablize classic systems!

CTFan

Xiro

Post by Xiro » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:56 pm

EnterTheHatrix wrote:When I get a Wii, my goal will be size, so I'll definitely switch to a thinner screen. 4gamers sucks!
so i'm assuming from this that you are already planning on taking on a Wii portable?

that would be a most excellent accomplishment. But it is going to be REALLY complicated, like having the classic controller built in for virtual console, and of course the sensor bar.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:53 am

I'm still wondering about how that plugs in.. I'm guessing it will go into the GC ports. I'll find out either way when it gets released.

Xiro

Post by Xiro » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:23 am

EnterTheHatrix wrote:I'm still wondering about how that plugs in.. I'm guessing it will go into the GC ports. I'll find out either way when it gets released.
well at E3 it actually plugged into the wii-mote, much like the nunchuck unit. This was complained about by many though, because they said since it ran off of the wii-mote it weighed next to nothing and felt hollow and flimsy, so it may be changed by launch.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:00 am

thats crappy. I think Wii will be a hard one to do.