Official Gamecube IDE/USB interface thread (PROJECT BEGUN!)

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:45 am

Seeing this topic makes me want to hold back on selling my gamecube.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheOnlyOneHeFears
Portablizer

Post by TheOnlyOneHeFears » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:56 pm

@r3pt3r

:shock: Wow, sweet! Seeing as I probably don't have the finances at the moment to make my own PCB, I'd definitely buy one from you if you make it :) You'd have to ship to the UK though, because that's where I live (duh :P) As for files etc, they're all in the folder on Mod That Cube, I think it's called Ideusb.zip

zenloc

Post by zenloc » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:25 am

to andoba
so if i understand correctly if you were to make those pcb boards you would be able to load gamecube games of an CF card ?? or from a hdd?

that mean if i were to buy like 10 of those pcb boards and all the components how much would it cost me?

then ofcourse you would need to make ita working product as i have no understanding of programming wat so ever. i would pay you ofcourse to doit.

let me know because i am really interested in this ( ofcourse only if it works hahaha)

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:28 am

zenloc your back! cool.

zenloc

Post by zenloc » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:53 pm

haha jep been gone for a long time very busy with work

by the way i somewhat finished my portable gamecube it is the smallest one i've seen so far i'll post pics very soon just the casing isn't completed yet i had some problems. It's in a gamegear case but the lens of the gc sticks out at the back i'll post details in my post haha super old but i think it deserves an update

but the idea of having a cf card or a hdd will seriously cut the size of the protable so i'm very interested to but one

so let me know if it's possible

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:31 pm

Awesome! :o Seriously you managed that psone screen inside the gamegear.
Also do you have a good source for screens?

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:37 pm

jeroen wrote:Awesome! :o Seriously you managed that psone screen inside the gamegear.
Also do you have a good source for screens?
Thats not even possible. Maybe he used a hip-gear screen.

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:02 pm

zenloc wrote:to andoba
so if i understand correctly if you were to make those pcb boards you would be able to load gamecube games of an CF card ?? or from a hdd?
Either/both. We want to do it for CF cards for portability, but CF cards are pin-for-pin compatible with HDDs, so you can use either one.

zenloc

Post by zenloc » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:31 am

yeah the psone screen did fit in after heavy modifications to the board
i connected th gamecube via rgb to the psone screen good quality image for sure. i buy my screens most of the time from ebay. but i will post pics soon enough just have to finish some loos ends

and who can make me one of those pcb boards complete with all components and flash with the right software??

money is not a problem i mean if it works everybody wil have use for it

ZN13
Steam ID:Z_Nelson13

Post by ZN13 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:36 pm

zenloc wrote:and who can make me one of those pcb boards complete with all components and flash with the right software??

money is not a problem i mean if it works everybody will have use for it
I'd more than likely buy one like this too.
Great Job!
Why is it that every time I post in a thread, it dies?
:lol:

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:24 pm

If I could get someone to send me about $100 up front, I could probably build one of these. But I don't think anyone would trust me enough for that. Hmm... wait... that might not be a totally crazy proposal. Would if I get one of you guys to send me $100 to build a one, send it to you, and repay you with interest (get 7 other people to buy them for $20, and give the $140 back to you)? Would any of you be interested in that? :?: That's $140 and the finished board with components and software.

Worst case scenarios:

A. I can't build it or refund your money, so I send you the parts for you to attempt (or send it to someone else you would like to attempt it).

B. I can build it, but nobody else buys it. So, you get the completed board and no refund.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Electric Rain on Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zenloc

Post by zenloc » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:29 pm

how sure are you that you can make a working sample?

is the code even tested ? or is it a guess that it has been written and i might work seeing as the guy did have a working test sample?

let me know cause if you are sure that you can build one and program it so that i only have to replace the dvd drive with that pcb board i might be interested to give you the 100 bucks you need

just to be sure how muh do you exactly need to make 1 working model?

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:23 pm

Destop is the only one known to create a working model. Everyone else has lost interest.

I am 75% sure I can make a working model.

An exact cost is hard. The prototype will cost more; I estimated about $100. The final product with PCBs may cost anywhere from $15 to $50 to produce.

zenloc

Post by zenloc » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:01 pm

hmm oke that a high percentage

the reason why i ask is that i have seen the diagrams and the site with the firmware and all the files but i have not seen one picture or post about it acctally working and that is can play games from a hdd or cf?

i mean is the board that you are going to make just fit on the dvd dreader slot and inster a cf card and the gamecube sees it as a gc disk??

wouldn't you need a iso loader for it to run from a cf card??

all these questions run into my head.

and have you got any experiance doing this kind of stuff??

i mean if you feel pretty confident that you can do it and you have the knowlege i wouldn't mind funding you 100$

how long would it take for you to finish a complete model?

r3ap3r

Post by r3ap3r » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:42 am

Ok, so i have had a little chat to my friend that makes the PCBs and its all go so far. All i need now is the schematics. Once they are build i will ship one to Electric Rain and TOOHF free of charge as they are the main people in this project. And a little side note to TOOHF my name is r3ap3r as in reaper not r3pt3r as you have spelt many times. Anyways hope to hear from you really soon. Cheers^_^
P.S. Thanks TOOHF for the files.