K this time Im doing it gamecube portable.

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

dragonball345

Post by dragonball345 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:59 pm

I just was wondering if i could have the link to an boost reguator from ti that would boost my 2 batteries up to 12 volts i have searched for several boring hours and nothin to show for it anyone have any idea cause after i have that its just down to case construction basically.

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:10 pm

This one may work. But, I'd look over the datasheet a bit to make sure nothing pops out at you... I assume you're using this only to power the audio circuit of the 'cube, as the rest of it can be (theoretically) run off of 7.2 volts. (If not, I can't help you... boosting 7.2V up to 12 volts only to bump it back down to the voltages the Gamecube PSU puts out will waste a lot of power, and isn't the best way to do things.) Unfortunately, these boost regulators never seem to be very efficient at low mAs, and the audio circuit only draws 5mA. :lol: I suppose you could also run the fan off of 12V too; it's the only other part of the system that needs it.

dragonball345

Post by dragonball345 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:58 am

thx its just because my mobo comes with an onboard regulator I guess I could could out the part for the audio and do it sepeately Do you think it would be alright if I test my batteries out straight into the regulator if theyre only 8.1 volts according to my potentiometer (damn chinese).