Xbox Error 13!

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Joes2Silly
Xbox Error 13!

Post by Joes2Silly » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:40 pm

Okay, after much procrastination I finally installed a DuoX3 modchip in my xbox. The problem is that I get an error 16 because the stock hard drive is completely wiped. What should I do to fix this?

EDIT: I believe I messed up the BT connection because it won't boot up via the eject button and it randomly turns off when I tried to boot the AID disk :wink:
Last edited by Joes2Silly on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

official xbox fiend

hy phrend

Post by hy phrend » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:19 pm

well I just soft Modded my Xbox this week actually. Used Xboxhdm which is a linux shell that a guy made that can be used to access the Xbox Fatx hardrive. If you have the Eeprom.bin of your box you can unlock and lock the hd through xboxhdm as well as building hard drives from scratch. It's good stuff. Now I don't know what else you would need for it to get it to work with your modchip but I wouldn't suspect you would have to do anything differently really. There are a lot of tutorials on Xbox scene on how to do it. Also a tutorial on instructables on how to soft mod your xbox using xboxhdm and Ndure 3.0. Works really well.
DCP---Done

dragonball345

Post by dragonball345 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:16 pm

I also softmodded my system and it worked great, If you completely wiped your drive I know certain mod chips will be able to recover you not sure if yours has that option though.

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:31 pm

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/210562

'clock cannot be set'.

Its a software error. read the link.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:39 pm

Okay, I have concluded that I am going to have to do some sort of hotswap to try to fix this. Could I hotswap the hard drive to a softmoded xbox or does it have to have a modchip?

official xbox fiend

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:49 pm

Joes2Silly wrote:Okay, I have concluded that I am going to have to do some sort of hotswap to try to fix this. Could I hotswap the hard drive to a softmoded xbox or does it have to have a modchip?
It has to be a chipped Xbox, softmod just modifies the info on the HDD, you remove the HDD, you remove the Softmod.

I saw, build a simple EEPROM (Just google Xbox EEPROM reader, and you should find a how to.)

Or chip your Xbox.

As long as you can get the EEPROM, you can fix any software problems with the xbox.

Hell I completely destoryed my friends HDD in his Xbox by accident.
(Wouldn't even spin up)

Was able to fix it by ording a new 80GB drive that was widely used in modded xboxs and used the EEPROM reader that I found building instructions for.

then used xboxhdm and his Xbox that had been dead for over a year was fixed, and can play pirated games now :twisted:

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:40 pm

I was able to get access to the hard drive last night via a hotswap. I still need to get the modchip working, but other than that what files do I need to have on my hard drive? Where could I get these files?

official xbox fiend

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:57 pm

Okay folks, I have my xbox modchip installed and I am able to enable and disable it. Now, no mater whether its enabled or disabled, I get error code 13! This should be an easy fix but I will keep you guys updated on project pineapple (I named all my xboxs after fruit) :wink:

official xbox fiend

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:19 pm

FIXED! I am loading XBMC to the xbox as I type this message. Only problem is I only think I have one working DVD drive between two xboxs :roll:

official xbox fiend

Jongamer

Post by Jongamer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:50 pm

Joes2Silly wrote:FIXED! I am loading XBMC to the xbox as I type this message. Only problem is I only think I have one working DVD drive between two xboxs :roll:
Yeah those DVD drives die fast, and usually you have to buy replacements from the forums on xbox-scene, or order a $60 or something dollar, Samsung from llama.com.

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:28 pm

Luckily I have both of my DVD drives working right now, but I'm counting the days until my Thompson drive craps out on me :wink:

official xbox fiend

Jongamer

Post by Jongamer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:41 pm

Joes2Silly wrote:Luckily I have both of my DVD drives working right now, but I'm counting the days until my Thompson drive craps out on me :wink:
From what I have seen, the Thomson actually lasts allot longer than all the other drives, mainly because it has allot less mechanical problems (Phillips drive and the Samsung are notorious for having to bang on the top of the Xbox to get them to eject.) and since it reads less media formats (AKA doesn't read CD-R) it's laser doesn't die early cause of stress like the Samsung Drives.

Though people will tell you diffferent, the Samsung is in no way the best drive just because it can read CD-R, Samsung has it's fair share of problems too.

I heard the Phillips drives are just horrid, can't read much more than Thomsons, and have really bad problems from premature dieing lasers to not ejecting properly.