Cart Relocation with S&K (I need HELP!)

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Skyone
Cart Relocation with S&K (I need HELP!)

Post by Skyone » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:24 pm

I'm relocating my Genesis 3 cart slot with Sonic and Knuckles, but I don't want the game to go to waste and only use the game for the cart! I wanna play the game (S&K) and play others too (S&K+Sonic 3, Gunstar Heroes, Pacman...). Is there any way to bypass the S&K game with a switch?

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:28 pm

My Genesises (sp?) are broken... What is the signifigance of running another game through S&K? Does it give you extra content in other Sonic Games? Also, ifyou're relocating, I suggest just using the original one, but if you're that gung-ho on using a different one, I have an old Game Genie lying around I'd give you for 2-3$...
God Bless Hot Glue

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:33 pm

I don't think so, anyway K&N, just allowed Knuckles to be playn on Sonic the Hedgehog 1,2, or 3. Just put the cart in the K&S cartridge, and stick the K&S cartridge in the Sega.

Code: Select all

|_______________________________________|
 |_____________________________________|     <----Sonic Game

"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:35 pm

The purpouse of Sonic & Knuckles:

Sonic 1- I don't think it works
Sonic 2- Play as Knuckles! :o OMG! [/sarcasm] But Knuckles can glide to some places you can exploit bugs and get free lives...
Sonic 3- Play as Knuckles; once you beat the Sonic 3 levels and become Super Sonic/Knuckles/Tails, you can collect the emeralds and play the levels from S&K and become HYPER sonic/knuckles/tails!
Sonic & Knuckles: OK now we're just being silly... :roll:

Any other game: You get a funny "No way!" error screen

Why not re-use the cart slot you removed from the Genesis board? Or maybe get a second copy of S&K, or use a Game Genie and have it built in.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:03 pm

Argh, so basically, it's not possible?
I could of sworn... Whatever.

Anywho:
Sonic 1: Infinite number of blue sphere mazes
Sonic 2: What bic said.
Sonic 3: What bic said plus a few more glitches as knuckles.
S&K: Haha, nothing!
Any other game: What bic said.

I didn't remove the cart slot from the genesis, should I? I already went through a couple 3rd party crap 64-pin card-edges. So I am a bit shaky on this whole topic.

And once again, just checking, anyway to bypass the S&K game with a switch?

Thanks!

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:46 pm

any other game (or at least Sonic Spinball, for sure): I remember getting to that little "mini-game" where you normally have to try to earn the emeralds by hitting all the blue blocks....
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

SgtBowhack

Post by SgtBowhack » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:03 am

Game Genie, my friend. The ultimate source of edge connectors. And it generally works with pretty much every game without any codes put in.

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:07 am

bicostp wrote:Any other game: You get a funny "No way!" error screen
And......... press A+B+C, to get.... A BLUE SPHERE MAZE! :O

sometimes Sonic & Knuckles starts anyway with a cart in (Sonic 3D Blast, Super Street Fighter 2)
SgtBowhack wrote:Game Genie, my friend. The ultimate source of edge connectors. And it generally works with pretty much every game without any codes put in.
Also exactly what I was thinking, even if you don't want Game Genie, just turn it off :)

az_bont

Post by az_bont » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:56 am

Gamelver wrote:any other game (or at least Sonic Spinball, for sure): I remember getting to that little "mini-game" where you normally have to try to earn the emeralds by hitting all the blue blocks....
When you placed any old game into the top of Sonic & Knuckles, you were given a single level of the 3D maze special stage, which was unique to that game (i.e. it would always be the same level when you put that cartridge in).

If you plugged the original Sonic The Hedgehog into it, you were given an unlimited number of randomly-generated levels.

extremesonic

Post by extremesonic » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:28 pm

bicostp wrote: Sonic 3- Play as Knuckles; once you beat the Sonic 3 levels and become Super Sonic/Knuckles/Tails, you can collect the emeralds and play the levels from S&K and become HYPER sonic/knuckles/tails!
Poor Tails could never use the normal chaos emeralds, when he collected all 7 in Sonic 2, 3, 3&K they did nothing. When Tails collected all 7 super emerals then he could go super Tails(although he was on par with Hyper Sonic/Knuckles). Why tails could never use the normal emeralds is beyond me, but now in newer sonic games, using emeralds seems to be a hedgehog thing only(and cat in the DS game, but those are different emeralds).

But hey I'm being picky :P
SNESp - 100%
Protable X - 15% - I need money :(